Client Service Rep I (Madison)
Company: Hire Velocity
Posted on: November 11, 2018
Ciox Health is a healthcare information management company. The company provides a variety of services in release of information department, record retrieval and health information management. Through Ciox's expansive client relationships - with both providers who hold the health data and those who are requesting it - Ciox is uniquely positioned to access, facilitate and improve the management, exchange, and transfer of protected health information. For 40 years, Ciox has advanced the healthcare industry through better health information management and exchange of health information. Ciox's broad reach in medical records extends across industries, allowing them to modernize workflows, facilitate access to clinical data, and improve the accuracy and flow of health information.
Ciox helps their clients manage, protect, and leverage health information to achieve operational improvements, optimized revenue, and better patient outcomes.
This is an entry level position responsible for processing all release of information (ROI) specifically medical record requests in a timely and efficient manner ensuring accuracy and providing customers with the highest quality product and customer service. Associate must at all times safeguard and protect the patient's right to privacy by ensuring that only authorized individuals have access to the patient's medical information and that all releases of information are in compliance with the request, authorization, company policy and HIPAA regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Client Service Representative
- Receives incoming requests for information and responds to requests by opening mail, assisting walk-ins and telephone inquiries, and retrieving facsimile inquiries in a timely manner.
- Date stamps all requests and highlights pertinent data to facilitate processing.
- Validates requests and authorizations for release of medical information according to established procedures and HIPAA guidelines.
- Completes release of information requests including retrieving patient's medical charts and returning charts, copying/scanning medical records accurately and correctly, according to requests, established procedures, and established standards of quality and productivity; and electronically transmits medical record to processing operations.
- Performs quality checks on all work to assure accuracy of the release, confidentiality, and proper invoicing.
- Maintains equipment in excellent operating condition (inside and out) and troubleshoot equipment issues with assistance from the Help Desk department. Provides excellent customer service by being attentive, respectful and professional at all times; insures understanding of customer request and follows-through as promised; being proactive in identifying and addressing member concerns, or problems.
- Demonstrates helpful and effective telephone etiquette and customer service skills by providing appropriate information to callers.
- Maintains a neat, clean, and professional personal appearance and observes the dress code established by the Company or the member facility.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area, insures that records and files are properly stored before leaving area, and insures adequate supplies to meet customer requests.
- Maintains working knowledge of the current state laws regarding fee structure, and HIPAA regulations as well as facility policies and procedures in regard to release of information.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance and punctuality as scheduled. Notifies Manager, Operations and/or Supervisor if unable to adhere to daily schedule. Adheres to all Company time and attendance policies or applicable law covering meal breaks and rest periods. Records all accurate work hours in the Company's designated time keeping system daily and adheres to the Company's overtime policy and procedures for requesting time off or change in schedule.
- Works within scope of position and direction; willingly accepts assignments and is available to take on additional member facilities and assist with ROI backlogs. Associated topics: desktop, help desk, information technology, patient, pc, support analyst, technician, technician iii, technician iv, technology
Keywords: Hire Velocity, Madison , Client Service Rep I (Madison), Sales , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!