Company: John Crane
Posted on: November 10, 2018
About UsJohnCrane (www.johncrane.com) is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, filtration systems and predictive digitalmonitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Fiscal year 2017 revenue was greater than 1.1 Billion USD (885m). John Crane is part of Smiths Group (www.smiths.com), a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.Job DescriptionDuties include, but are not limited to, the making of sales calls on existing as well as potential and targeted customers. Promotes the sale of organizations products, provides service capabilities and recommends proper application for all products marketed by organization.
- Promotes the sale of organizations products within, but not limited to, a geographical area.
- Makes sales calls on existing, potential and targeted customers.
- Routinely discusses with Manager sales progress made with existing customers and notifies of captured accounts.
- Recommends products and application of products in collaboration with Manager.
- When needed deliver and pick up customer seals which have been or are in need of repair.
- Discusses with customer future requirements and assists in solving problems associated with their pumps and other applications to improve reliability and/or MTBR
- Liaison between customer and Company, thus, settles claims, adjustments and return of product with customers.
- Prepare formal quotations and recommendation to the assigned customer base on the complete John Crane product line.
- Attends customer Environmental, Health and Safety meetings.
- Assist Manager in conducting Environmental, Health and Safety training meetings as required by organization.
- Performs seal/safety product repairs and service work
- Be able to communicate in a professional manner within John Crane and the customer through email, telephone, and the written word
- Performs support of the complete John Crane product line sold by organization.
- Discusses with Manager and other district personnel on a routine basis customer problems, opportunities and potential new accounts.
- Keeps Manager informed of daily activities.
- Prepares written reports on a timely basis.
- Performs any other activity or assignment as required by management personnel.
- Maintains company assigned vehicle in condition as required by company policy.
- Potential Field Location Responsibility: Presents well reports to customers and attends customer failure analysis meeting on a routine basis.
- Additional duties as assigned.Position Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Bachelors degree preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in a manufacturing environment, or minimum 2 years experience in related industry with BS or higher education.
- Excellent people skills and ability to sell.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-Starter and highly motivated.
- Ability to develop presentations for customers and potential customers and present in a professional manner.
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of database programs Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Requires comprehensive knowledge of products sold and serviced by the organization including the application of those products.
- Travel at least 30% of time.Physical/Mental Requirements
- Must be able to sit for extend periods of time; a minimum of 2 hours.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the office.
- Must be able to lift up and carry up to 20 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist, and grip items while working at assigned desk area.
- Must have the manual dexterity and coordination to operate office equipment.
- Must be able to simultaneously manage several objectives, changing priorities and reassign priorities to complete assignments.
- Must be able to tolerate changing priorities, and complete assignments despite frequent interruptions.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to drive an automobile.EHS Requirements
- Complete all work in a safe manner and follow all safety requirements consistent with supporting the Companys goals.
- Lifting guidelines in accordance with the Manual Lifting Guidelines noted in the Safety Handbook.
- Follow all environmental requirements consistent with supporting the companys environmental performance goals.
- Complete, and actively participate in all other EHS training requirementsWork EnvironmentWork environment is typically considered within a Smiths location during normal or extended business hours to include offices, manufacturing plants and repair facilities. Work environment may also include customer sites including oil well sites, and meeting venues.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and approved PPE is required when on the factory floorEEOIt is the policy of John Crane to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local LAW. In addition, John Crane will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Associated topics: club, dealer, disney, gerber, inbound, inside sales representative, life insurance, sales representative, telemarketer, telesales
Keywords: John Crane, Madison , Sales Representative, Sales , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!