Inside Insurance Sales Representative-Remote
Company: Pharmacists Mutual
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Pharmacists Mutual has an opening for a Coverage Advisor. This
role will work remotely in Wisconsin. The role increases revenue by
marketing and selling one or more of the following lines of
business: personal lines, life and benefits products. The Coverage
Advisor sells to members and prospective members in an assigned
territory or territories from a remote location. Also helps members
attain peace of mind through specialized insurance solutions
(including life and benefits insurance) and superior personal
Coverage Advisor I
- Pursues expert knowledge of insurance principles, practices,
- Designs and executes effective strategies to identify members
with incomplete packages of insurance solutions.
- Designs and executes effective strategies to identify
prospective members. Coverage Advisor II
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of insurance principles,
practices, and products.
- Demonstrates ability to train and mentor a level I Coverage
- Demonstrates ability to efficiently identify prospects,
round-out incomplete or inadequate insurance packages of current
members, and prospective new members.
- Suggests marketing ideas to Marketing Department.
- Eligible for role focused on life insurance. Senior Coverage
- Demonstrates a history of high quality work.
- Demonstrates ability to positively influence other team
- Demonstrates critical thinking and problem-solving
- Actively participates in the development of team goals that
support achievement of corporate goals.
- Actively encourages team member performance relative to team
- Suggests new or changes to existing marketing strategies as
necessary to ensure team goals are achieved.
- Eligible for role focused on life insurance. Essential
Essential functions may include, but are not limited to the
- Meet or exceed assigned production goals established by
- Coordinate activities with Field Representative in assigned
territory as needed.
- Contact current members to upsell or round out accounts.
- Make outbound sales calls to prospective members.
- Design and implement an effective marketing strategy to
- Review coverage packages of current members and prospective
members to identify coverage gaps and recommend appropriate
insurance solutions to close said gaps that promote peace of
- Provide timely and accurate coverage analysis and insurance
proposals and effectively communicate to prospects.
- Understand and apply underwriting guidelines to prequalify
- Properly rate insurance proposals.
- Communicate with Underwriter for proper risk assessment.
- Attend and participate in meetings and conventions as
- Provide superior customer service while ensuring timely
coverage analysis and detailed documentation supporting
conversations and consumer decisions.
- Drive a vehicle for extended periods of time to execute the job
as needed. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to solicit business within assigned territories by
phone, marketing, and provide onsite personalized service.
- Strong telephone sales and customer service skills.
- Thorough knowledge or the ability to acquire such knowledge in
a short period of time of principles and practices of insurance
underwriting, insurance sales, and collection and interpretation of
- Ability to use initiative and apply innovative thinking.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships in a team environment through effective written and
- Ability to work independently to make critical decisions and
analyze complex issues.
- Ability to interpret and apply laws, rules and
- Ability to obtain and utilize sensitive information discreetly
- Above-average office skills including;
- Record-keeping and documentation
- Report generation
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Computer and software (including but not limited to Microsoft
Word and Excel)
- Ability to read, interprets, and input data efficiently and
- Demonstrated understanding of when to escalate concerns to the
appropriate level of management. Experience and Education
Coverage Advisor I
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 1 year of related
- Associate's Degree or equivalent Coverage Advisor II
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 3 years of related
- Associate's Degree or equivalent and 1 year of related
- Bachelor's Degree Senior Coverage Advisor
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 5 years of related
- Associate's Degree or equivalent and 3 years of related
- Bachelor's Degree and 2 years of related experience Special
Requirements, Licenses and Certificates
- Possess Property & Casualty licenses
- Possess or obtain Life & Health licenses within 60 days of hire
Coverage Advisor I
- One year of Property and Casualty insurance knowledge
- Proven ability to successfully sell Insurance products Coverage
- Proven ability to successfully sell Insurance products
- AINS, API, CISR, Life, AAI, AIS, ACSR, or DI designation
Keywords: Pharmacists Mutual, Madison , Inside Insurance Sales Representative-Remote, Sales , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!