Company: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Madison
Posted on: November 11, 2019
RolePurpose: Under the direction of the Distribution & System
Manageris responsible for transporting and stocking of supplies and
medications tooff-site hospital locations.Responsibilities:
- Carry out all departmental procedures relating to
requisitioning, inventorying, storing, safety, receiving and
shipping; demonstrates a customer focus while providing services
(e.g., maintains confidentiality, is courteous to all
customers/patients, families and all other hospital staff;
addresses and follows up on all customer concerns ???
- Responds to questions and problem solves concerns from
customers regarding stock availability, expected delivery time, and
shipping options and methods. ???
- Receives merchandise entering the hospital and verifies the
merchandise for correct quality, quantity and for any damage,
against all or one of the following: packing slip, freight bill or
receiving report; documents the receiving information in the
hospital Material Information System and notes discrepancy and/or
damage on the receiving document and reports the concern to the
appropriate Material Service Assistant; routes merchandise through
the proper channels to the requesting department; Emergency and
perishable items are given priority and delivered immediately to
the using department. ???
- Prepares merchandise (pharmaceuticals, equipment, medical
supplies, etc.) for shipping as approved by Material Services or
individual departments by packing the merchandise and completing
the Bill of Lading as required by the various delivery and motor
freight couriers; places calls to transport companies, United
Parcel Services, Federal Express, etc. to schedule outgoing
shipments or initiate a trace on a past shipments; maintains
complete and accurate shipping records for department use. ???
- Floor Stock Management: Supports exceptional financial
performance by maintaining appropriate floor stock for patient care
areas, reviews utilization information and works with department
representatives to ensure appropriate levels and type of supplies
are maintained in each area. ???
- Product Replenishment: (A) Inventory patient care areas floor
stock identifying products needing replenishment based on
predetermined levels. (B) Enters requests in the computerized
Materials Information System. (C) Pick lists are printed and
transactions are posted to the appropriate account. (D) Products
are collected, delivered and placed in designated location. (E)
Delivers supplies, medications and other materials to off-site
hospital locations in a timely and efficient manner. (F) Observe
all State of Wisconsin driving regulations and maintains safety
precautions in operation of delivery vehicle. ???
- Pick lists are printed and transactions are posted for supply
reservations requested through the Material Information System;
?Just-in-time? requests received by telephone, patient information
system or mail are documented in the Material Information System;
records ?credits? in the hospital Material Information System for
products returned unused; sells or loans supplies to other care
givers and completes the appropriate paperwork. ???
- Perform cycle counts to validate the perpetual inventory
system, adjustments to the on-hand inventory balance are entered
using the computer when discrepancies are found; maintain the
accuracy of the bin location identifier and record changes in the
computer; places inventory items including flammable and hazardous
materials in the proper location rotating stock and removing
outdated products. ???
- Picks up medications to be delivered from pharmacy and restocks
automated machines for dispensing medications and prescriptions or
other stock areas for off-site hospital locations; empties the
medication return bin per procedure; alerts Pharmacy Technician and
charge nurse regarding automated medication and prescription
machine dispensing discrepancies that need to be resolved; exchange
cubies or make other minor adjustments when necessary and notifies
the Pharmacy Technician regarding missing labels, broken dividers,
- Communicate with supervisor, coworkers, peers and other members
of the department regarding work issues; acts as a liaison between
off-site hospital locations and Material and Supply Services to
ensure that all problems, complaints, and concerns of the customer
are referred to the supervisor or technical representative.
- Other duties as assigned.?MinimumQualifications:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Valid Wisconsin driver?s license with gooddriving record
- Demonstrates work history is required.?PreferredQualifications:
- Experience in receiving, shipping and generaloffice procedures
preferred. Some knowledge of medications is desirable
- Good interpersonal skills, able to workeffectively with
- Ability to work with and operate computerequipment for data
- Able to perform basic math calculations.
- Must know the location of departments within thehospital and
- Must understand use of all tools and equipmentused within the
- Must have knowledge of all state driving andhighway safety
regulations, the general operation and maintenance of theautomobile
and be a skilled driver.?PhysicalRequirements:?Employeesin this
position are, or can be, required to possess the following
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 100 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily.
- Standing or walking more than 5 hours a day.
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 6 hours
Keywords: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Madison, Madison , Distribution Technician, Professions , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!