Senior Maintenance Technician/HVAC - Boiler Specialist
Company: Exact Sciences Corporation
Posted on: November 11, 2019
The Senior Maintenance Technician/HVAC-Boiler Specialist is
responsible for installing, servicing, repairing, troubleshooting
and the preventative maintenance on all HVAC/Boiler systems used.
This role will leverage knowledge of boiler systems to provide
technical support on the design, start-up, maintenance,
preventative maintenance, commissioning/re-commissioning and
efficiency of a wide range of equipment from large scale commercial
boiler systems to basic heating, ventilating, and air conditioning
(HVAC) systems and multi-zone systems that incorporate direct
digital control (DDC), pneumatic, electronic, and/or programmable
logic controls, etc. This role will be responsible for the
fabrication of ducts, insulation and checking systems and equipment
- Responsible for install, maintenance, and operations including
the preventive maintenance and repair of all Exact Sciences
HVAC/Boiler systems and equipment.
- Independently perform recurring work on HVAC control and
monitoring systems including the monitoring, repair and maintenance
or coordinate the services of contractors and/or the landlord.
- Work with engineering or scientific personnel to discuss plans,
modifications, and user needs.
- Perform system and subsystem diagnostics, scheduling, and
maintenance of complex electronic environmental systems and
calibration of unique components and controls that are used to
provide and monitor precise environmental conditions within Exact
- Provide expert technical assistance for a 24-hour operational
environment with limited documentation resources.
- Respond to service calls, critical alarms, and provide
preventive maintenance inspections and produce reports in writing
through computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) regarding
- Participate in improvement activities that include improving
the process, work, and making recommendations for enhancing the
systems and procedures.
- Responsible to train or assist with the training of other
technicians and entry level technicians.
- Provide assistance and participate on projects that involve
building system modifications or new equipment.
- Respond to work orders in performing maintenance and repair
tasks in a safe manner.
- Analyze, diagnose and repair equipment documenting work as
required by the Quality Management System.
- Participate in the on-call program for emergency service.
- Ensure contractor compliance with EHS policies and procedures,
including hot work and lock out tag out.
- Uphold and role model safety procedures and safe
- Follow standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Understand the operation of commercial, medical and industrial
- Ability to read drawings, details, schematics and diagrams with
a focus on Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) systems.
- Ability to interface and work effectively with all levels of
the organization, vendors, customers etc.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability,
innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company's Quality Management System
policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Maintain compliance with all regulatory standards, including
GMP, OSHA, FDA, WDATCP and USDA.
- Ability to work on an electronic tape measure, mobile device,
tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for
approximately 70% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends.
- Ability to work normal schedule of Monday through Friday during
normal business hours.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds for approximately 5% of a
typical working day.
- Ability to grasp with both hands; pinch with thumb and
forefinger; turn with hand/arm; reach above shoulder height.
- Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective
- Ability and means to travel between Madison locations.
- Ability to travel approximately 10% of working time away from
work location, may include overnight/weekend travel. Minimum
- Associates degree in HVAC, mechanical maintenance or related
field; or high school degree/general education diploma and
successful completion of formal HVAC apprenticeship program in lieu
- 5+ years of experience in commercial, industrial, healthcare or
similar HVAC-Boiler systems.
- 3+ years of experience with Facility software tools: BAS
(Building Automation Systems), Visio, CMMS, CAFM, environmental
- 3+ years demonstrated experience with Packaged equipment up to
100 tons, Troubleshoot VAV systems, CRAC Systems.
- Must hold and maintain a valid Wisconsin Master HVAC license at
time of hire or ability to obtain within one year from start
- Must hold and maintain a valid EPA-608 Certification -
Universal Refrigeration License at time of hire.
- Possession of a valid driver's license, no more than two moving
violations in the past 36 months, and no unresolved license
revocation or suspension issues.
- Authorization to work in the United States without
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the
position with or without accommodation.Preferred Qualifications
- 5 years of related experience in facilities departments in
regulated environments (ex. laboratory, bio/pharma, industrial,
healthcare facilities strongly preferred.
- 1+ years of experience with the following manufacturers;
Superior, Johnston, Clever Brooks, Nebraska, Powerflame, Todd, York
Shipply, Lochinvar, etc.
- Computer knowledge and experience on linkageless control (Auto
Flame, Honeywell, etc.).
- 10 Hour OSHA Certification.
- FMP, SFP, or similar certification(s).
- Knowledge of CLIA/CAP regulations.
- Experience in a GMP and/or ISO 13485 environment.
- Experience with OSHA, EPA, and FDA regulations.
- Experience in repair and maintenance of automated
equipment.#LI-AS2We are an equal employment opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity,
national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable
local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company's
affirmative action program are available to any applicant or
employee for inspection upon request.
Keywords: Exact Sciences Corporation, Madison , Senior Maintenance Technician/HVAC - Boiler Specialist, Professions , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!