ASC Endo Technician
Company: SSM Health Dean Medical Group
Posted on: November 10, 2019
The ASC Endoscopy Technician (ET) Team Lead, under the general
direction of the Clinical Manager and/or Charge Nurse, and the
direct, on-site supervision of the Registered Nurse, functions as a
member of the endoscopic health care team to provide optimal
patient outcomes.? This may include, but is not limited to:?
- Assisting in the collection of data for an objective assessment
to identify the patient?s needs, problems, concerns or human
responses, e.g., vital signs.
- Assisting, under the direction of the RN, in the implementation
of the established plan of care, e.g., patient transport between
clinical areas, IV discontinuation, and patient discharge.
- Assisting the physician and RN during diagnostic and
therapeutic procedures, including responding to emergency
situations as directed by the RN.
- ?Maintaining the care and cleaning of the technical
equipment/accessories used in endoscopic procedures, as well as the
stocking and inventory of supplies.
- Providing and maintaining a safe environment for the patient
and staff by complying with regulatory agency requirements and
standards set forth by professional organizations.
- Additionally, the ET Team Lead will assist with the
coordination of endoscopic procedures that have been scheduled in
the inpatient and outpatient settings. Improve the accountability
and development of ET staff by serving as a resource and assist
with coordination of in-services and ET teaching needs.? The focus
of the ET Team Lead is to create a continuous environment of
improvement for patient safety and staff competency in specialty
Comply with ethical, professional, and legal standards inherent in
patient care and professional conduct, e.g., the patient?s bill of
rights, ASC Policy and Procedures, etc.???
- Assist the endoscopic health care team during diagnostic and
therapeutic procedures as assigned by the Charge Nurse/Clinical
- Sets up endoscopy procedure room in preparation for endoscopy
cases with appropriate endoscope and anticipated supplies.
- Maintain clear communication with endoscopic health care
- Collect and label specimens in conjunction with the Registered
Nurse (RN), and deliver specimens to appropriate place for
- Assist the endoscopist by manipulating the endoscope, when
required to facilitate an endoscopic procedure, under the direction
of the endoscopist.? Will have knowledge of endoscope manipulation
techniques and maintain full view of the lumen during
- Assume responsibility and accountability for own practice,
continuing education and competency related to the field of
endoscopy/gastroenterology, e.g., staff in-service, staff meetings,
- Assist with room turnover and complete terminal clean at end of
- Clean, disinfect, and perform general maintenance of endoscopes
and non-disposable accessories.?
- Cleans soiled equipment, instruments and utensils by mechanical
and hand cleaning ?????methods.
- Assembles procedure trays, specialty instrument set ups, and
all other kits used by Procedure Room staff for procedures.
- Understands, assembles, and troubleshoots all procedural
- Prepares all items for reprocessing with adherence to aseptic
principles and infection control guidelines.
- Participate in routine stocking of supplies for the
- Communicate supply and equipment repair needs to appropriate
staff.? Notify Charge Nurse and/or Clinical Manager immediately of
faulty or malfunctioning equipment.
- Maintain working knowledge of all video endoscopy systems.
- Perform daily monitoring and documentation of liquid chemical
- Assist, under the direction of the RN, in the implementation
and documentation of the patient plan of care pre and post
A. ????Assist with the transporting of patients between clinical
areas and with discharge.
B. ????Obtain and document vital signs, assist in patient care
activities such as patient hydration, nutrition, transfer when
needed, dressing when needed, and IV discontinuation.
C. ????Reinforce post procedure teaching done by the RN.
D. ????Assist with preps when needed pre procedure.
E. ????Clean and restock patient care areas following patient
- Share expertise and knowledge with co-workers and peers.
- Assist in the orientation and training of new employees.
- ?Relay pertinent information and constructive suggestions to
the Clinical Manager.
- Maintain patient privacy confidentiality.
- Follow standard precautions in performing daily
- Assist with various other minor department duties that
contribute to the overall functioning of the Unit, as
- Serve as a representative of the Ambulatory Surgery Center and
as a clinical role model in all interactions with customers, staff,
physicians, sales representatives, etc.
- Participate in the development and implementation of ET
- Serve as a preceptor and mentor to new staff.
- Aid in staff development through assessment and delegation of
- Assesse ET staff competency and assist with annual competency
- Evaluate the educational needs of the ET staff and assist with
setting up in-services to meet the educational needs.
- ?Assist with and co-manage the surveillance of scope cleaning
and microbiological surveillance.
- Coordinate meetings with sales representatives for the purchase
of equipment and for staff training.
- Coordinate, manage, and report on department product
- Maintain oversight of equipment breakdown and repair.
- Participate in supply management for the department.
A. Monitor inventory quantities to assure availability to users.?
Develop familiarity with all supply inventories in order to monitor
stock levels and set accurate par levels.
B. Evaluate and make recommendations for product substitutions in
an effort to save cost.
C. Participate in problem solving and process improvement within
the department to ensure standardization of supplies and
D. Coordinate the ordering of specialty equipment, instruments, and
- Manage and maintain oversight of special order supplies and
equipment for endoscopy.
- Maintain oversight of the completion of all Endoscopy
Technician and Reprocessing Records.
A. Ensures all daily tasks, monthly tasks, and processing records
are completed accurately.
B. Supports and monitors ongoing preventative
maintenance.Required:? ?1.?High School diploma with 1-3 years of
relevant work experience, preferably as a Certified Nursing
Assistant.? 2.?BLS certification or able to obtain certification
within first six months of employment.?????? 3.?Strong work history
and good attendance record.4.?Strong communication and
organizational skills5.?Must be within a 30 minute time range for
call coverage on weeknights, weekends and
holidays.?Preferred:?1.?Experience in the health care
field.2.?Completion of a State approved Nursing Assistant
Certification course.3.?Familiarity with computers and medical
equipment/supplies.?Essential Physical Functions:?The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job.? Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.1.?Ability to stand or walk for extended periods and move
quickly between tasks.2.?Ability to hear and converse on the phone
and in person.3.?Ability to perform fine motor tasks, such as when
working with the computer, writing or phone tasks.4.?Ability to
twist/bend, stoop/crouch.5.?Ability to lift and to push/pull boxes,
charts, Medivator/Scope reprocessors, mechanical lift, OR Booms or
OR table, or other equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.6.?Ability to
safely perform patient handling tasks, such as pushing a
wheelchair, ambulation assistance or transfers.7.?Ability to wear
the appropriate personal protective equipment when working around
blood borne pathogens or chemicals.8.?Ability to work first, second
or third shift type hours.?About SSM Health Dean Clinic-?Based in
Madison, Wis., Dean Clinic consists of a network of more than 60
clinics in south-central Wisconsin. Our more than 500 physicians
provide primary, specialty and tertiary care in the clinics as well
as eye care through our Davis Duehr Dean locations. Dean Clinic
also offers urgent care services and operates outpatient surgery
centers. Dean Clinic joined SSM Health in 2013. ?
Keywords: SSM Health Dean Medical Group, Madison , ASC Endo Technician, Professions , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!