Study Technician-Vet Ops
Posted on: July 14, 2019
Job Overview Interested in Animal Science? Animal Care &
Observation? As a Research Assistant (Study Technician) in our
Madison, WI In-Life department, you will monitor the research
animals' health and welfare using your experience in animal
observation and your experience performing basic veterinary
laboratory procedures. Our ideal candidate has a background in
performing or assisting in animal surgical procedures, and looking
for an opportunity to apply those skills on a variety of animals in
a research setting. Job Responsibilities Include:
- Reports all animal care concerns and becomes involved in
resolution and appropriate corrective action, when necessary
- Ensures that studies are conducted according to protocol,
standard operating procedure documents, and government
- Can interpret and understand a basic protocol
- Basic understanding of good research practice (GRP)
- Performs a data review of study materials with minimal quality
control (QC) findings and understands the level of a quality
assurance (QA) audit
- Maintains client confidentiality at all times
- May be involved in Process Excellence initiatives
- Effectively manages time and resources, e.g., equipment, rooms,
feed, environmental requirements, study supplies, surgical
- Performs multiple methods of euthanasia on multiple
- Performs basic dosing and bleeding techniques and restraint
procedures on multiple species
- Performs anesthesia on multiple species
- Performs aseptic surgical preparation
- Performs general physical exams, laboratory testing and dental
cleanings on multiple species
- Performs other related duties as assigned If you are looking
for a company where you can gain exposure to a wide variety of
science and explore a multitude of career paths across drug
development, consider working at Covance as a Study Technician. Our
excellent benefits package includes: 24 days of personal-time-off
(PTO) (pro-rated depending on start date), tuition reimbursement,
paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match and of
course medical and dental insurance. Why Study Technicians choose
to work at Covance
- Make a direct impact in the lives of patients and animals
- Partner with and learn from supporting colleagues and industry
leaders Get ready to redefine what's possible and discover your
extraordinary potential at Covance. Here, you'll have the
opportunity to personally advance healthcare and make a difference
in peoples' lives with your bold ideas and unique point of view.
With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an
energized purpose, you'll be empowered to own your career journey
with mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
Join us as we speed the delivery of groundbreaking therapies and
anticipate tomorrow's drug development challenges, creating new
possibilities for our clients-and your career. What we're looking
for Study Technicians are the most successful at Covance with:
- A motivated, hardworking and positive work ethic, and a real
passion for research
- Willingness to work rotating weekends, holidays and overtime
with supplementary compensation Education/Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Life Sciences, Associate degree in
Laboratory Animal Technology or Associate degree in Veterinary
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be
accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific
- Must be able to work in a laboratory setting with laboratory
- May work with potentially hazardous substances or radioactive
- Must be able to stand, sit or walk for extended periods of
- AALAS certification at the Assistant Laboratory Animal
Technician level is preferred, but not required. Experience Minimum
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to accurately read and record information.
- Must be able to lift, carry, pull or push 50 lbs.
- Must be able to wear respirators.
- Mandatory immunizations and screening as required.
Keywords: Covance, Madison , Study Technician-Vet Ops, Professions , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!