Electrical Project Engineer
Company: MSA Professional Services, Inc.
Posted on: May 19, 2019
MSA is a true grassroots success story, founded in Baraboo,
Wisconsin, in the 1930s. What began as a rural two-man surveying
and engineering partnership has now grown into an employee-owned,
multidisciplinary consulting firm employing 300+ engineers,
architects, planners, funding experts, surveyors, GIS experts,
landscape architects, environmental scientists, and other
professional staff. We have multiple offices throughout the Midwest
and collaborate to help strengthen communities across the
At MSA, we're about our people as much as we are about our
portfolio, and as an employee-owned firm, when we say we "own" our
work, we mean it. The employee-owned ownership culture at MSA
fosters a positive team environment and allows owners to be an
active part of the growth and success of the company. We are
collaborative, we are impactful, and together as owners-we make a
We are looking to add an Electrical Project Professional to our
team in Baraboo or Madison. This position will perform and
supervise engineering work related to the planning, design,
construction, and operation of electrical systems. The position
will perform work related to developing custom human-machine
interfaces (HMI), programmable logic controllers (PLC), and custom
database reporting systems. The ideal candidate will have past
working experience in the municipal water and wastewater markets
and an understanding of water and wastewater processes.
- Ability to work independently
- Skilled problem solver
- Design and development of electrical plans and specifications
for municipal bidding and construction of municipal water and
- Design development of process and instrumentation systems
including SCADA for the control and management of water and
- Design development of code compliant low and medium voltage
power distribution systems.
- Design development of stand-by power systems.
- Design development of LANs and WANs data communication networks
used in Municipal SCADA systems.
- Design, develop, and deploy custom HMI control interfaces
- Design, develop, and deploy custom PLC programs to control
agriculture and municipal water & waste water systems
- Design, develop, and deploy custom database reports
- Project-related client contact by telephone, email and in
person including board and council meetings.
- Project management including successfully completing projects
on time and on budget
- Work on multi-disciplined design teams for process design of
agriculture, municipal water, and wastewater facilities.
- Preparation of proposals
- Mentoring and supporting staff and clients
- Travel to regional offices for project work if needed
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related degree
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the municipal water and
wastewater engineering field required
- Prior work experience and knowledge of medium and low voltage
electrical power service and distribution; water and wastewater
process control, instrumentation and motor controls; emergency and
standby power; supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA)
systems are preferred
- The ideal candidate must be skilled in developing custom
controls using RS Logix 500, RS Logix 5000, Wonderware, Factory
Talk, Hach WIMS, Win911, iFIX, Operator 10, Virtual Machine
software, Windows XP, Windows 10, VPN Software's, Eaton Bid
Manager, AB Centerline Builder
- Outlook, Word, Xcel, OneNote, MS-Projects, Vision, AutoCAD
Electrical, EDR, and AGI132 would be a plus
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- A desire to work in a consulting environment
At MSA, we help people live, work and play better. That goes not
only for our clients and the communities we serve, but for our team
members too. Join us and launch your innovative new career in a
100% employee-owned workplace that believes in flexible work
schedules, honest transparency, a supportive team environment and a
commitment to helping make communities stronger, together.
MSA also provides a comprehensive suite of benefits and incentives
including competitive health, dental and vision insurance, paid
holidays, paid time off, support of ongoing professional education,
opportunities for community involvement and participation in the
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
MSA is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its
workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard
to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, sexual
orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action EmployerJob
Keywords: MSA Professional Services, Inc., Madison , Electrical Project Engineer, Professions , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!