Senior Analyst, Water Quality/Watershed Protection Team
Company: The Cadmus Group
Posted on: April 18, 2019
# of Openings
The Cadmus Group LLC is seeking a highly motivated individual with
a background in water resources, hydrology, environmental
engineering, or closely related fields. Our work primarily supports
contracts with government clients in the areas of water quality and
watershed science and policy, including surface water quality
assessment, management of point and nonpoint source pollution, and
development of Total Maximum Daily Loads (TMDLs) or other watershed
The successful candidate will contribute to, and lead parts of,
projects that include: researching scientific and policy approaches
to the development of TMDLs and related Clean Water Act topics;
developing training and outreach materials; analyzing,
interpreting, and mapping geospatial data on watershed or waterbody
conditions; analyzing large datasets of water monitoring records;
water quality and watershed modeling; and developing tools for
visualizing, analyzing, and reporting data.
Applicants must have a record of academic and professional
excellence and a clearly demonstrated work ethic. If you are
interested in applying for this position, you should be highly
motivated, able to work both collaboratively and independently,
detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple ongoing tasks. You
should also possess exceptional analytical and oral and written
* Plan and implement the development of research and training
materials (fact sheets, white papers, presentations, etc.) on
various Clean Water Act topics such as TMDLs, water quality
assessment and impairment listing (Sections 305b/303d), nonpoint
source management (Section 319), and healthy watersheds
* Contribute to the development of TMDLs by assessing pollutant
sources, calculating allowable pollutant loads and source
allocations, and writing TMDL reports.
* Prepare, analyze, and interpret data for watershed and water
quality projects from a variety of sources, including spreadsheets,
databases, APIs, or web services using tools such as Excel, R, or
* Perform GIS analysis, prepare a variety of raster and vector
geospatial data, and create map outputs.
* Write and edit reports, case studies, presentations, and other
documents for both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Support the efforts of multiple projects and project managers and
adapt to shifting project needs and deadlines.
* One to three years work experience supporting the development of
TMDLs with state or federal water quality programs.
* Knowledge of other Clean Water Act programs such as water quality
assessment and impairment listing (Sections 305b/303d) and nonpoint
source management (Section 319) through classwork, research, or
* Strong written and oral communication, analytical, and problem
* Demonstrated ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously,
contribute as part of an integrated team, and work independently
* Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
* Experience with both GIS (preferably ArcGIS) and R or other data
analysis programming languages.
* Classwork, research, or professional experience with
environmental datasets and geospatial data layers, such as climate,
land use, water monitoring, hydrologic, or ecologic data.
* MS/MA in relevant field.
* Experience configuring, calibrating, or applying water quality
and/or watershed models used for TMDL development such as SWAT,
HSPF, WASP, QUAL2K, etc.
* Advanced skills in ArcMap geospatial analysis tools and ArcGIS
* Demonstrated ability to manage tasks within a larger project,
including delegating responsibilities to support staff and ensuring
high quality results.
* Experience in professional/consulting business environment.
This position may be located in one of our following offices:
Arlington, VA, Waltham, MA, or Madison, WI. Some domestic travel
may be required.
To apply, please submit Cover Letter, Resume, and Writing
Cadmus is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and
considers all applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran s status,
Learn more about Cadmus by visiting our website at:
Keywords: The Cadmus Group, Madison , Senior Analyst, Water Quality/Watershed Protection Team, Professions , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!