Senior Electrical Engineer
Company: Springs Window Fashions
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Springs Window Fashios is hiring for a Senior Electrical Engineer
based in our Middleton, WI Corporate Headquarters
Springs Window Fashions has been part of the window treatments
industry since 1939. Headquartered in Middleton WI, we have over
8,000 associates and 18 locations worldwide. Our products are
available in nearly every major retailer, in thousands of designer
showrooms and showcased in large commercial buildings. Our company
is privately owned with products marketed across a broad portfolio
of brands including Bali, Graber, SunSetter and Mecho. We pride
ourselves as "The Best Experience Company", striving to provide the
best experience for our consumers, channel partners, and
Responsible for creating, designing, testing, supporting, and
developing new and innovative electronic motor and control systems
for existing and new products. Scope of role spans motors,
controls, hardware and software. This is successfully accomplished
by understanding, accurately specifying, and adhering to customer
requirements, utilizing and applying quality tools and methods and
pursuing continuous improvement in all aspects of product and
process design. These efforts will have a direct impact on
increasing average sales price per unit and improving value,
reliability, and performance. Product responsibilities include
Graber, Bali branded products, private label brands, and all
support componentry. The associate will plan and manage product
design engineering activities related to conceptualization, product
design, testing / validation and manufacturing process functions.
In additional to production designs, this position also helps
support the Engineered-To-Order (ETO) approach to meet unique
customer and application needs. ETO support will involve direct
engagement with sales, customer service, end customers,
manufacturing and suppliers. This position reports to the Product
Development Manager. This position helps to design and manage the
electronic hardware and software used in the Engineering Test
- Coordinates and prioritizes design and product engineering
activities as established by product requirements provided by
product management and in accordance with SWF business strategies
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering and Channel
Marketing teams to introduce and develop new product concepts and
existing product enhancements.
- Creates and maintains systems architecture for blinds, and how
the blinds interact with end user controls and home / building
systems. This includes the motors, controls, connected and IoT
solutions, product interfaces, and systems interfaces as well as
any languages or communications protocols used.
- Ensures designs comply with all relevant codes (electrical
wiring, etc.) and standards (FCC, UL)
- Designs products and components with safety, quality,
durability, reliability, value, and assembly as priorities.
- Develops and plans short- and long-term goals in accordance
with SWF strategies and goals.
- Establish design specifications, material selection, and
potential suppliers with regards to product design.
- Estimates project and product costs, assists with project
justification, and recommends required materials and tooling.
- Facilitates design reviews to discuss concepts and proposed
product designs, engaging other functional areas of the business,
to gain input regarding product manufacturability and quality and
incorporating those inputs into final design.
- Participates on project teams for new products, product
enhancements, and NPS teams using the 4D stage gate process and
- Develops engineering solutions for design related customer
- Develop and implement cost reduction measures in accordance
with financial objectives.
- Prepares and submits capital requirements for product
- Prepares and issues required reports, summaries, and
presentations related to engineering activities.
- Maintains and controls engineering files, records, and
documentation for part and process specifications, drawings, and
- Interface with purchasing and suppliers to investigate,
resolve, and assure compliance to specifications for supplier
- Represent the company in industrial organizations.
- Maintain and organize lab area following 5S principles.
- Engaged in continuous improvement initiatives, recognizing
process improvement methods to identify root cause, develop
solutions, and implement solutions.
- Quality - (Required for all SWF job descriptions) - Integrates
quality at the source thinking and activities in daily, individual,
team and project work. (Applies to all job duties 100%)
- Responsible for all electrical product and design engineering
activities for the Graber, Bali, and private label product lines
and other associated products.
- Lead role on motorization of all product lines: motors,
controls, software, user controls, systems interfaces
- Maintains knowledge base on motorization / electronics trends
in relevant customer channels: commercial / contract, builder, home
- Collaborates on strategic application development and
integration of connected deices including partnerships and voice
control systems such as Alexa and Google Home
- Develops innovative designs that are congruent with product
strategy and resolve patent infringement issues.
- Involved in capital budgeting process affecting all relevant
product lines and manufacturing process equipment selection.
- Manages projects based on timelines established by product
management priorities. Develops, plans, and implements timetables
for engineering related projects.
- Interacts and collaborates with associates in marketing,
quality, manufacturing, customer service, external suppliers, and
other key stakeholders with regards to quality and product
- Direct interaction and communication with customers and
- Daily contact with associates at all levels of the
- Confers with engineering manager and product management team on
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
- 7+ years design engineering experience in consumer products /
controls related industry
- Relevant experience with new product development and product
- Familiarity with the design of motors, controls, user
interfaces and software.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Conceptual and detail design skills
- Experience with consumer / appliance motors - A/C, DC, battery
- Experience with systems design: motors, controls, user
interfaces, systems interfaces
- Experience with wired / wireless communications protocols:
RS232, RS485, Z-wave, Zigbee, BTLE, WiFi
- Proficiency working with outside resources to direct
development of new innovation
- Experience with CAD drawing (Solid Works)
- Experience and knowledge of typical drafting standards,
electrical / circuit drawing standards and software
- Knowledge of current practices, standards, and trends in home
and commercial building controls preferred
- Data collection and management of database.
- Technical writing skills for memos, lab reports, and project
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Technical Writing
- General computer skills Excel, MS Word, Lotus Notes, MS Project
- Preparing Samples for Testing and Analysis
- Ensures Accountability - Holding self and others accountable to
- Drive Engagement - Creating a climate where people are
motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its
- Instill Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others
through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Drive Results - Consistently achieving results, even under
- Consumer/Customer Focus - Building strong customer
relationships and delivering on customer-centric solutions
- Critical Thinking - Making Sense of complex, high quantity, and
sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve
- Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when
facing difficult situations
- Optimize Work Processes - Knowing the most effective and
efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous
Keywords: Springs Window Fashions, Madison , Senior Electrical Engineer, Professions , Middleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!