2nd shift Production Supervisor
Company: Stoughton Trailers, LLC
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Job Purpose Direct and manage manufacturing operational area(s)
with overall responsibility for production, health and safety
systems, workflow planning, maintenance, employee relations,
training, turnover, quality, supply chain and line side inventory,
process planning/mapping, continuous improvement, and other
production related activities. Essential Duties and
- Manage all aspects of the production process, in a
manufacturing area, to ensure proper coordination between all
company departments to the manufacturing line.
- Understand the organization's support functions (i.e.,
engineering, sales, accounting, supply chain, human resources, and
manufacturing functions) to effectively communicate, plan, and
resolve issues with their production team.
- Recommend improvements in production methods, equipment,
operating procedures and working conditions.
- Responsible for ensuring that all contributions made from each
department, properly make it to our products to provide a high
quality, safe product to our customer.
- Manage employees to ensure effective employee relations are
developed, health and safety management systems are adhered to,
productivity levels are consistently met, turnover is minimized,
proper inventory levels are maintained, and the importance of
consistent high-quality standards are communicated and met.
- Provide employee coaching and development.
- Partner with Human Resources to timely resolve employee issues,
issue discipline and make employment decisions, as necessary.
- Work to continuously improve in all areas and utilize the Good
to Go process to monitor daily activities in each department.
- Responsible for performing accident investigations and make
recommendations to EHS about potential solutions to prevent the
accident from happening again.
- Responsible for tracking absenteeism, approval of vacation,
management of timesheets on a weekly basis for all direct
- Comply with and manage company and department policies and
procedures. Above is a list of the most important responsibilities
and functions, which are essential to the position. Employees must
be able to perform these essential functions satisfactorily with or
without a reasonable accommodation. Accommodations will be
evaluated and provided to eligible employees on a case by case
basis, depending on the employee's medical restrictions, work
availability, the nature of the position, the position's essential
functions and other relevant factors. Qualifications
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in business management or 5-10
years' experience in a manufacturing supervision role.
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- 3+ years in a manufacturing environment.
- 1-3+ years supervisory experience in a manufacturing
- Experience with a health and safety management system
- Demonstrated ability to prepare/plan for what is coming (30
days, 60 days, etc)
- Experience using ERP/MRP and timekeeping software in a
- Experience in training and development
- Machining/ assembly background
- Additional education in related field desirable
- Sensitivity to the cause and effect of decisions
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through
- An ability to think ahead and plan over a 30-day time span and
prepare action plans to achieve results.
- Experience in measuring performance to goals and standards.
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of
safety, quality, productivity, cost, and employee relations.
- Systems and continuous improvement orientation
- Quality orientation and attention to detail
- Problem analysis and resolution
- Inventory management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong team player
- Blueprint reading
- Computer skills Training:
- First Responder and Blood-borne Pathogen Training
- Completion of Supervisor Training Program
- Respectfulness in the Workplace
- Violence in the Workplace
- Training on the company Hazardous Waste program Working
Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Standing 42 - 100% of the time.
- Walking 40 - 100% of the time.
- Sitting 1 - 10% of the time.
- Reaching, pushing, pulling 10 - 30% of the time.
- Arm, wrist, hand, finger movement 25 - 38% of the time.
- Bending and twisting neck and trunk 3 - 6% of the time.
- Ability to communicate verbally.
- Hearing requirements include the ability to hear all verbal
- Requires light physical effort, such and lifting and/or moving
5 pounds or less, and occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust
focus. Vision requirement 40/20 distance with both eyes (with or
without correction) visual acuity distance using Snellin Method
Guidelines and Purdue Job
- Participation in the production process (working with tools and
materials) up to several hours each week. Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Stoughton Trailers, LLC, Madison , 2nd shift Production Supervisor, Professions , Oregon, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!