Master HVAC Controls Field Technician
Posted on: September 19, 2023
United States of America
CAW12: AL Wisconsin (MSN) 3025 S. Stoughton Road , Madison, WI,
Carrier is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air
conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and
automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer,
smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. Automated
Logic is a unit of Carrier and is a leading provider of building
automation systems worldwide. Building automation systems that make
sense! Automated Logic is a total energy solutions provider. For
more than 30 years, we have been dedicated to designing easy-to-use
building automation systems that provide the highest possible
energy efficiency, while ensuring occupant comfort. Through our
global team of company branches and independently-owned dealers, we
offer industry-leading technology with local, on-the-ground service
that is hard to beat. If you are looking for a role that combines
your technical skills and passion for customers, then we have a
great opportunity for you. We are seeking a results oriented,
customer focused field technician to contribute to our continued
legacy of innovation.
About this role
This position is for a Senior Field Controls Technician who is
under minimal supervision. Carrier is a leading provider of HVAC,
refrigeration, fire, security, and building automation
technologies. These high-technology products and services enable
modern life by delivering efficiency, safety, and security across
several platforms. Enable qualified individuals with disabilities
to perform essential functions. Principal Responsibilities:
Possesses solid technical competence in Building Systems and the
ability to resolve or guide others through problem resolution. Team
Leader of Field Engineers on a per-project basis. Customer
communication is proactive and with the ability to relay a complete
understanding of system functions.
- Start up, commission, re-commission customer Building
- Provides solutions to complex systems problems either
troubleshooting the system or advising others on how to resolve
problems. Works with subcontractors and other trades to ensure
- Be able to provide turnkey project delivery on medium to large
projects Large complex AHUs (Multi-Zone/VFD/Mult-coil) Complex CW
systems (Redundant/Pri-Sec Loops) Sequenced HW Systems with 3 or
more boilers0 EPMS/Third Party integrations with assistance 3rd
- Complete all required commissioning documentation. Maintains
accurate As-Built drawing package and makes changes in EDS, Visio,
Excel, and Word, as required.
- Completes paperwork on time including time sheets, expense
reports, posting of work orders, on-site documentation, and project
- Responsible for total system operation from controllers to
sensors, loading software, interfacing with third-party systems,
Setting up trends, alarms, and reports, and working with customer
IT personnel, etc.. Calibrates systems requiring basic electronic
test equipment, such as multi-meters, network terminals, and/ or a
- Performs static (stand-alone) and dynamic (total building
interactive network) commissioning of software programming.
- Performs site-specific training for owner/operator on the total
- Responsible for setting up operator workstations with all
- Responsible for performing job database backups on a daily
basis or as advised.
- Assists with project turnover to the Service Department
- Mentors and develops Field Engineers on all field tools and
technology. Serves as a technical resource. May assist sales in the
development of cost estimates on semi-complex projects.
- Communicates with customers upon arrival and before leaving the
work site. Tracks and records job progress and keep the customer
informed on progress. Reviews customers' systems and, if needed,
point out areas of improvement and scope issues to the project
manager. Keeps project management apprised of customer concerns and
- Maintain a daily log of all pertinent job-related
- Adheres to safety standards. High degree of regard for employee
and subcontractor safety.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to understand systems software thoroughly
- Able to create, download, and troubleshoot complex HVAC system
logic using WebCTRL and associated software.
- Communicates issues with the Project Manager and Field
Supervisor on a timely basis.
- Thorough knowledge of TCP/IP networks including wireless
technology, layout, and troubleshooting.
- Able to communicate technical information to a non-technical
- Able to read and understand Architectural, Mechanical, and
- Thorough experience with Microsoft software products including
Outlook, Word, Excel, and other Windows products when
- Has excellent working knowledge of Automated Logic hardware and
- Possesses an excellent understanding of the operation and
control of mechanical equipment and its control sequences.
- Possess computer and networking skills to properly maintain
their laptop as well as experience in the commissioning of
Ethernet, MSTP and ARC Net communications.
- High school Diploma or GED
- 4+ Years' Experience in low voltage Controls DDC control theory
and applications pertaining to the HVAC
- 4+ Years' Experience in HVAC, reading Multimeater, Years'
Commissioning and Re-Commissioning
- 4+ Years' experience in basic control logic concept
- Valid Driver's License
- Physical ability to climb ladders or use other lift equipment
in excess of 8 feet above grade, and lifting items up to 50lbs
- Personable and be willing to work directly with the customers
on site staff
- Troubleshooting skills of DDC systems, low voltage control
systems, DDC systems and computer networks Knowledge in /Control
preferred Prior experience in HVAC and/or Building Automation
- AA/AS degree, Technical/Business School Certificate or Diploma
- Other post high school training HVAC or Controls Tradeschool
(two years duration)
- Knowledge in turnover of construction projects to the
- Proficient with all WebCTRL software functions and
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age
or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice
Keywords: Carrier, Madison , Master HVAC Controls Field Technician, Professions , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!