Sr Staff Engineer, HVAC Systems AI/ML (remote)
Company: Johnson Controls
Location: Wisconsin Rapids
Posted on: March 19, 2023
*This person can sit anywhere in the United States*
What you will do
- At Johnson Controls, we transform the environments where people
live, work, learn and play. From optimizing building performance to
improving safety and enhancing comfort, we drive the outcomes that
matter most. Dedicated to protecting the environment, we deliver
our promise in industries such as healthcare, education, data
centers, and manufacturing.
- We are searching for a highly motivated professional that will
provide resourcefulness and technical expertise in the HVAC and
building controls space. You will provide technical expertise in a
variety of areas, including fault detection and diagnostics (FDD),
Artificial Intelligence (AI), and Machine Learning (ML), to
continue to establish Johnson Controls as the leader in delivering
outcomes for our customers. How you will do it
- Coordinate with internal and external technical teams to
prototype the solutions
- Support deployment of the solutions via our Rapid Closed Loop
solution development process
- Share our knowledge by writing technical papers and white
- Be a technical leader in the buildings space on FDD and
- Actively participate in technical committees through
organizations such as ASHRAE
- Read papers and attend technical sessions to stay informed in
the emerging fields of FDD and AI/ML
- Provide technical assessments of 3rd party solutions What we
- Strong engineering fundamentals. Master's degree or PhD in
mechanical, electrical, or architectural Engineering from an
accredited four-year college or university is required.
- 15+ years' experience in the buildings space.
- This position is an individual contributor role. While it does
not have immediate direct supervising responsibilities, it requires
strong communication and teamwork skills. Preferred
- Deep understanding of the operation of building HVAC and
equipment and controls,
- Demonstrated success in the development of new solutions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills working in a
- 3+ years' experience in AI, Machine Learning, or FDD.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any
other characteristic protected by law. To view more information
about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a
candidate, visit EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a
disability and you require an accommodation during the application
process, please visit here.
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Madison , Sr Staff Engineer, HVAC Systems AI/ML (remote), Professions , Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...