Business Analyst - Customer Billing
Company: Madison Gas & Electric Co
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Madison Gas and Electric Company (MGE) is looking for a curious, motivated, and team-oriented individual to help support our Customer Billing department as a Business Analyst. This key role provides routine and complex technical support and analysis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Analyzes the procedures used in Customer Billing, with emphasis on identifying problems, recommending improvements, and assuring implementation of system solutions to ensure accuracy of customer information, meter data, and billing.
* Documents billing and related systems processes and procedures and drafts new or proposed modifications to existing Customer Billing procedures along with recommendations regarding their adoption to ensure timely and accurate billing.
* Audits MGE's Oracle Utilities Customer to Meter (C2M) system, billing, and related systems for the purpose of identifying and resolving errors and recommending revisions to practices, procedures, and policies to improve billing accuracy.
* Works with management, financial planning, and internal and external auditors to provide review and testing support of Sarbanes-Oxley and other controls.
* Oversees and performs complex billing issues including implementation of new rates, services, and processes; changes to large customer accounts; manual billings; and error correction.
* Responds to and resolves a variety of internal and external inquiries involving complex and/or unusual situations on service extension rates, utility billing, meter data, or similar. Acts as a consultant in such inquiries to ensure adequate communication, accuracy of billing, and a high degree of quality in Customer Service is maintained.
* Collects, analyzes, and produces ad hoc data requests and reports.
* Assists with billing and meter data upgrades including configuration, testing, documentation, and implementation.
* Functions as an expert resource to other departments when projects involve customer, meter data, and billing systems or processes.
* Assumes supervisory and training roles including development of training materials and programs as assigned.
Education and Experience
* A bachelor's degree in business, data analytics, accounting, finance, economics, information technology, mathematics, statistics, or related field.
* One to three years of relevant business experience that confirms ability to lead projects, analyze complex information, and understand accounting and energy usage management principles.
Knowledge and Skills
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to effectively convey problems, problem resolution, project goals and plans, and systems development implementation issues.
* Demonstrated ability to direct and lead groups, projects, and studies.
* Strong math and statistical skills.
* Knowledge of principles of accounting, management, systems analysis, and computer information systems.
* Basic understanding of the measurement and recording of energy use.
* Advanced Excel skills required and intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL preferred.
* Working knowledge of MS Power BI, Tableau, or other business intelligence and data analytics tools preferred.
* Working knowledge of utility customer information, billing, and meter data handling systems preferred.
* General understanding of utility metering and communications systems is preferred.
* Familiarity with the rules of the Wisconsin Administrative Code which pertain to billing, meter reading, and customer service matters preferred.
* Oracle utility CCB or C2M experience a plus.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
MGE is a community energy company dedicated to planning and providing reliable energy that balances the needs and values of those we serve. MGE has ranked in the top three utilities in the country for the fewest number of outages in each of the last 15 years. MGE is an investor-owned, government-regulated public utility that generates and distributes electric power to 159,000 customers and purchases and distributes natural gas to 169,000 customers in south-central and western Wisconsin. MGE's parent company is MGE Energy, Inc., a public utility holding company. Its common stock trades on the NASDAQ Stock Market. For more information, visit mge.com and mgeenergy.com.
The position is hybrid, and office days are in downtown Madison, Wisconsin, where MGE is an active participant in community efforts to preserve the area's extraordinary quality of life. Madison is the capital of Wisconsin and a major research and technology city. The area's strong quality-of-life factors include a vibrant economy; urban, suburban, and rural living options; nationally acclaimed public university and public secondary school systems; rich cultural, recreational, and outdoor offerings; and a favorable cost of living.
For more information about Madison's advantages as a place to live, please visit www.thrivehere.org.
If you are interested in applying for this position, click on "Apply for this Position" below. However, if you are already logged in, click on the "Add To My Jobs" below.
AA/EOE-Minorities/Females/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Disabled/Vets
Keywords: Madison Gas & Electric Co, Madison , Business Analyst - Customer Billing, Professions , Madison, Wisconsin
here to apply!