Livestock Technician - Westby, WI
Company: Select Sires Inc.
Posted on: January 28, 2023
Description:WHO WE AREBased in Plain City, Ohio, Select Sires
Inc. is the largest global A.I. cooperative and comprises six
farmer-owned and -controlled local organizations in the United
States. As the industry leader, it provides highly fertile semen
and excellence in service and programs to supply dairy and beef
producers with the world's best genetics.Select Sires, Inc. seeks
individuals to join our team as Livestock Technicians. This hourly,
non-exempt position is at our Westby, WI facility and reports to
the Production Supervisor. The starting wage for a Livestock
Technician is $16.50 per hour.Specific duties and responsibilities
of a Livestock Technician include, but are not limited to,
- Serve as a positive representation of the Select Sires, Inc.
Mission: To enhance the productivity and profitability of dairy and
beef producers, Select Sires is committed to be the premier
provider of highly fertile, superior genetics accompanied by
effective reproductive- and herd-management products and
- Cleansing and maintaining building, grounds, and equipment
- Collect semen using established safety protocols
- Handle bulls in a manner to properly stimulate semen
- Operate company vehicles, trucks, trailers, and farm
- Perform general livestock care, including feeding, cleaning,
moving bulls and steers, health testing, veterinary treatments, and
hoof trimmingA Livestock Technician's work schedule is Monday
through Friday. Shifts vary dependent on the facility. Shift
schedules include 5:30 AM - 2:00 PM or 5:00 AM - 1:30 PM. Holiday
and weekend work on a rotating schedule is required. Work schedules
and duties are subject to change to meet departmental needs.
Full-time and part-time positions are available.COMMITMENT TO
EMPLOYEE GROWTH AND SUCCESSSelect Sires is a team-oriented
atmosphere, encouraging employees to take greater responsibility
for their careers to grow personally and professionally.
- Select Sires offers employees competitive compensation packages
that include flexible benefits,
- Professional development through mentoring and internal and
- Advancement opportunities through career planning,
- A culture instilled by a commitment to excellence, a passion
for customer success, and high ethical standards,
- A focus that includes work/life balance,
- Community-oriented mindset as a major contributor to local
organizations and eventsRequirements:REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Great verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
- Capability to prioritize tasks.
- Capacity to function well in a high-paced environment.
- Reliable means of transportation to report to work
on-timePREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to constantly (6 - 8 hours) stand/walk, bend/stoop,
push/pull > 100 lbs.
- Ability to frequently (3 - 6 hours) twist, knee lift (18" -29")
21 lbs. - 50 lbs., waist lift (30" -36") 21 lbs. - 50 lbs., chest
lift (37" -60") 21 lbs. - 50 lbs., overhead lift ( over 60") 0 lbs.
- 20 lbs., carry 21 lbs. - 50 lbs.
- Ability to occasionally (1 - 3 hours) squat/kneel
- Ability to seldom (0 - 1 hours) sit, climb stairs, crawl, floor
lift (0-17") 0 lbs. - 20 lbs.DISCLAIMERThe job description is not
intended to cover or describe all tasks, duties, and
responsibilities the employee may be required to be asked to
perform. Select Sires retains the right to change or add new tasks,
duties, and responsibilities to the employee at any time, with or
without notice.WORK AUTHORIZATIONEvidence of work authorization
upon employment is required in compliance with the Immigration
Reform and Control Act of 1986. Completion of USCIS form I-9 will
be required to verify employment eligibility within three business
days of the first day of employment.AAP/EEO STATEMENTSelect Sires,
Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees
and applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In
addition to federal law requirements, Select Sires, Inc. complies
with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location where the company has facilities. This
policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including
recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and
training.Select Sires, Inc. expressly prohibits workplace
harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper
interference with the ability of Select Sires, Inc.'s employees to
perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and
Keywords: Select Sires Inc., Madison , Livestock Technician - Westby, WI, Professions , Westby, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!