Production Manager (Stoughton, WI)
Company: Stoughton Trailers, LLC
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct and coordinate the activities of the production
- Manage the Production Supervisor team, oversee preparation of
the work scheduling, and the assignment of specific
- Develop performance metrics for safety, service, quality and
cost and determine the action plan for improvement.
- Incorporate shop floor organization and plant cleanliness among
- Partner with department managers of the support functions to
ensure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a
timely and cost-effective manner.
- Establish, communicate, track, and hold accountable the
production team's performance on key metrics.
- Implement good manufacturing practices on the shop
- Drive improvement in shop floor safety program and safety
- Maintain effective communication within the entire
manufacturing department and to support organizations.
- Determine staffing requirements, and manage the onboarding,
training and cross training of employees.
- Develop processes for consistent shop floor workmanship and
compliance to drawings/specs.
- Investigate customer satisfaction and quality issues for
- Determine shop floor facility layout, equipment needs, and
capital planning and work with Plant leadership team to prioritize
and coordinate improvement activities.
- Establish departmental policies and procedures. Comply with all
company policies and procedures.
- Develop and mentor the Supervisors and Group Leaders in their
- Identify and implement continuous improvement projects needed
in their functional area.
- Foster a team environment to drive engagement and strong
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- Company involvement in projects, awards, ceremonies, award
dinners, and facility tours are required. Interaction with
customers and suppliers and other outside personnel as
- Other duties may be assigned as required by the company
Above is a list of the most important responsibilities and
functions, which are essential to the position. - Employees must be
able to perform these essential functions satisfactorily with or
without a reasonable accommodation. - Accommodations will be
evaluated and provided to eligible employees on a case by case
basis, depending on the employee's medical restrictions, work
availability, the nature of the position, the position's essential
functions and other relevant factors.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in related field and minimum of 7
years plant/general management experience in a manufacturing
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- 10+ years in a manufacturing environment. Five of which are in
an operations management capacity.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people.
- Demonstrated achievement in building and leading a
- Demonstrated ability in driving continuous
- Computer aptitude in Microsoft Office, Excel, Access,
PowerPoint, along with working knowledge of ERP software.
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of
safety, quality, productivity, cost, and employee relations.
- Core Competencies
- Excellent communication
- Leadership- able to instill confidence in others and earn their
- Company Hazardous Waste polices, goals, documents, Sexual
Harassment Policy and any other policies and procedures required
for this position.
- 1 year(s): Experience managing supervisors Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Stoughton Trailers, LLC, Madison , Production Manager (Stoughton, WI), Professions , Burnett, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!