Business Analyst - Customer Billing
Company: Madison Gas & Electric Co
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Madison Gas and Electric Company (MGE) is looking for a curious,
motivated, and team-oriented individual to help support our
Customer Billing department as a Business Analyst. This key role
provides routine and complex technical support and analysis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Analyzes the procedures used in Customer Billing, with emphasis
on identifying problems, recommending improvements, and assuring
implementation of system solutions to ensure accuracy of customer
information, meter data, and billing.
* Documents billing and related systems processes and procedures
and drafts new or proposed modifications to existing Customer
Billing procedures along with recommendations regarding their
adoption to ensure timely and accurate billing.
* Audits MGE's Oracle Utilities Customer to Meter (C2M) system,
billing, and related systems for the purpose of identifying and
resolving errors and recommending revisions to practices,
procedures, and policies to improve billing accuracy.
* Works with management, financial planning, and internal and
external auditors to provide review and testing support of
Sarbanes-Oxley and other controls.
* Oversees and performs complex billing issues including
implementation of new rates, services, and processes; changes to
large customer accounts; manual billings; and error correction.
* Responds to and resolves a variety of internal and external
inquiries involving complex and/or unusual situations on service
extension rates, utility billing, meter data, or similar. Acts as a
consultant in such inquiries to ensure adequate communication,
accuracy of billing, and a high degree of quality in Customer
Service is maintained.
* Collects, analyzes, and produces ad hoc data requests and
* Assists with billing and meter data upgrades including
configuration, testing, documentation, and implementation.
* Functions as an expert resource to other departments when
projects involve customer, meter data, and billing systems or
* Assumes supervisory and training roles including development of
training materials and programs as assigned.
Education and Experience
* A bachelor's degree in business, data analytics, accounting,
finance, economics, information technology, mathematics,
statistics, or related field.
* One to three years of relevant business experience that confirms
ability to lead projects, analyze complex information, and
understand accounting and energy usage management principles.
Knowledge and Skills
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills with a
demonstrated ability to effectively convey problems, problem
resolution, project goals and plans, and systems development
* Demonstrated ability to direct and lead groups, projects, and
* Strong math and statistical skills.
* Knowledge of principles of accounting, management, systems
analysis, and computer information systems.
* Basic understanding of the measurement and recording of energy
* Advanced Excel skills required and intermediate to advanced
knowledge of SQL preferred.
* Working knowledge of MS Power BI, Tableau, or other business
intelligence and data analytics tools preferred.
* Working knowledge of utility customer information, billing, and
meter data handling systems preferred.
* General understanding of utility metering and communications
systems is preferred.
* Familiarity with the rules of the Wisconsin Administrative Code
which pertain to billing, meter reading, and customer service
* Oracle utility CCB or C2M experience a plus.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
MGE is a community energy company dedicated to planning and
providing reliable energy that balances the needs and values of
those we serve. MGE has ranked in the top three utilities in the
country for the fewest number of outages in each of the last 15
years. MGE is an investor-owned, government-regulated public
utility that generates and distributes electric power to 159,000
customers and purchases and distributes natural gas to 169,000
customers in south-central and western Wisconsin. MGE's parent
company is MGE Energy, Inc., a public utility holding company. Its
common stock trades on the NASDAQ Stock Market. For more
information, visit mge.com and mgeenergy.com.
The position is hybrid, and office days are in downtown Madison,
Wisconsin, where MGE is an active participant in community efforts
to preserve the area's extraordinary quality of life. Madison is
the capital of Wisconsin and a major research and technology city.
The area's strong quality-of-life factors include a vibrant
economy; urban, suburban, and rural living options; nationally
acclaimed public university and public secondary school systems;
rich cultural, recreational, and outdoor offerings; and a favorable
cost of living.
For more information about Madison's advantages as a place to live,
please visit www.thrivehere.org.
If you are interested in applying for this position, click on
"Apply for this Position" below. However, if you are already logged
in, click on the "Add To My Jobs" below.
Keywords: Madison Gas & Electric Co, Madison , Business Analyst - Customer Billing, Professions , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!