Equipment Specialist 2- 2nd shift
Company: Scientific Protein Laboratories
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Job DetailsJob Location Scientific Protein Laboratories -
Waunakee, WI - JOB SUMMARY
Join our team at Scientific Protein Laboratories (SPL), a world
leader in biosourced pharmaceuticals, located just outside of
Madison, Wisconsin in Waunakee! SPL is an innovative
biopharmaceutical leader with unique products and services
supporting the pharmaceutical industry globally. For over 40 years,
SPL specializes in the development and cGMP compliant manufacturing
of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs). SPL has an exciting
opportunity to join the team as an Equipment Specialist 2.
Under minimum supervision, an Equipment Specialist 2 will perform
skilled tasks in the repair and maintenance of machinery,
buildings, and equipment. The position requires a highly skilled
technician with a minimum of one of the following; ISA or
equivalent, Certified Industrial Maintenance Mechanic, Certified
Control Systems Technician (level 2 CCST), Certified
Instrumentation Technician, Certified HVAC/Refrigeration Technician
or a Licensed Journeyman Electrician with 7 years industrial. Work
involves proficiency in two of the following areas industrial
instrumentation/controls, HVAC/ refrigeration systems or mechanical
systems. Incumbent will exercise some technical independence in
determining work methods and procedures in their particular skill
area; receives assignments either orally or through written
instructions, which may be accompanied by diagrams or sketches.
Work is reviewed through inspection and discussion with
- Has the ability to start up and perform daily and weekly checks
on utility and production support equipment.
- Responds to issues regarding utility and production support
equipment and makes adjustments and repairs as necessary.
- Performs all repairs on utility and production support
- Knowledgeable in the operation and maintenance of plant solvent
recovery system, plant peptone concentration system, boilers,
PW/WFI System and plant fire security system.
- Understands and can troubleshoot freeze dryer
- Maintains and performs preventive maintenance on controls and
related equipment. Adjusts and calibrates equipment when
- Performs major electrical and pipefitting repairs to utility
and production support equipment.
- Performs tests and analysis on systems tied in with utility and
production support equipment
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D. required
- Experience: 7 years experience in HVAC, refrigeration, or
- Universal refrigeration license and boiler operator license
- Must be able to lift up to 120 lbs.
- Ability to use personal protective equipment as required
WHY JOIN SPL?
Our employees are our success! We recruit motivated people,
recognize their contributions, and support their development to
reach their full potential.
Perks include: competitive compensation; excellent benefits package
- including Medical, Dental and Vision on Day 1; Life and AD&D
Insurance, and Short and Long-term Disability; Health and Flexible
Saving Account options; Employee Assistance Program, generous
vacation; paid Holidays; 401k; advancement opportunities;
team-oriented environment; community involvement; company events
SPL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color,
creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected
veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any
other status protected by applicable local, state or federal
Keywords: Scientific Protein Laboratories, Madison , Equipment Specialist 2- 2nd shift, Professions , Waunakee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!