Posted on: January 26, 2023
Sheridan. Be part of something greater. Your career awaits---join
LOCATION: Madison, WI
Sheridan WI a Madison area book manufacturing plant is looking to
fill a full-time maintenance planner, with the primary focus to
improve work force productivity and work quality by eliminating in
advance potential delays and obstacles through proper planning and
coordination of parts, machine time and workforce.
- Works with CMMS software to schedule work, maintain records,
parts, and costs.
- The planner receives all work orders from the requesting
departments of the areas to which they are assigned, except for
emergency work which is requested of the Engineering/Maintenance
Lead for immediate attention.
- Reviews and screens each work order to see that it has been
properly filled out: and a work scope is clearly described.
- Examines jobs to be done and determines best way to accomplish
the work. Consults with requester or Engineering/Maintenance Lead
- Identifies and obtains material needs on the work order.
- Ensures the safety needs are given a top priority in work
- Estimates required person-hours for each request.
- Maintains backlog files of work orders.
- Have complete knowledge of each department's PM workload to
better schedule work orders in that area.
- Reviews the estimate of the current day's schedule status and
forecast of workforce availability.
- Develops a maintenance work schedule for the
- Plans and schedules preventative maintenance work in
coordination with production and Engineering/Maintenance Lead.
- Develops a file of standard work order (plans) for regularly
recurring repair jobs, based on historical experience, to simplify
the planning process.
- Keeps the Engineering/Maintenance Lead properly informed on all
abnormal or critical situations and seeks advice on matters outside
of their knowledge or authority.
- Make recommendations for system improvement.
- Maintains necessary records and files and prepares and
distributes meaningful and accurate control reports.
- Performs other initiative-taking tasks and special assignments
as requested by the Engineering/Maintenance Lead.
- High school diploma or equivalent, technical school training or
engineering education preferred.
- Must be able to understand and follow through on verbal and
- Must be self-motivated and able to work well independently or
- Must be able to receive and respond in a positive way to
- Good understanding of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Have adequate craft knowledge to estimate man hours and
- Should have good oral / written communication skills and have
the ability to negotiate maintenance needs in balance with other
- Good administrative and mathematical skills with willingness to
- Have a good working knowledge of personal computers and
- Have good planning skills.
- Exceptionally good organizational and coordination skills, with
the ability to keep multiple jobs in controlled motion -
- Able to read blueprints and shop drawings.
- Sketching ability.
- Understanding of the proper use of work orders, priorities,
Work is performed in a factory environment with regular exposure to
paper dust, inks, chemicals, lubricants, noise and heat, and the
physical hazards of machinery.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a
- Walking: Must be able to walk as some tasks require
- Lifting/Carrying: Must be able to frequently lift up to 15
Why work for Sheridan?
- Job training
- Career advancement
- College tuition up to $5,250 per year
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Competitive compensation
- Medical (PPO and HSA Plans), Dental, Vision
- Teledoc - convenient and no cost
- Company paid basic life and AD&D insurance
- Voluntary life
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid short term disability
- FSA Health and Dependent Care savings accounts
- HSA Health saving account
- EAP program
CJK Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation to apply for
employment, please contact Kelly Miller at 608-716-8769 or .
Keywords: Sheridan, Madison , Maintenance Planner/Scheduler, Professions , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!