Dairy Field Technician - Southern Wisconsin
Company: Alta Genetics
Location: Wisconsin Rapids
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Farmers all around the world need tools to help provide the very
best care to their land and animals. From seed to cheese, we help
support those farmers through our herd and feed management
solutions, milk recording and analysis, agricultural testing,
consulting and more.
For the past 60 years we at AgSource/VAS have woken up each day to
support those that never stop feeding the world - and we have no
plans to quit. We set the standard for farm management solutions
and fix our eyes on raising the bar to meet the next generation of
Dairy Field Tech - Southern WI
AgSource is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of
Dairy Field Technician in the AREA. The successful candidate will
provide prompt and accurate field service and work continually to
promote the AgSource programs, its options, and all other services
offered by AgSource which will contribute to the strength of the
- Provide data and milk sample collection services on farm for
members of the Cooperative, in a safe, timely and professional
- Provide dairy record management expertise to members that will
contribute to their profitability and herd health.
- Carry out effective business management practices in accordance
with AgSource policy and guidelines
- Promote and adhere to safety in the workplace
Continually strive to increase the number of members to achieve
sales goals in Field Technician service area in coordinated effort
with other appropriate staff members.
- High school Diploma or GED
- 2 years of experience in a service business is desirable and an
understanding in dairy farming is preferred.
- Self-motivated and dependable with desire to develop personally
- Sales and service person that has ability to work independently
as well as part of a team
- Computer skills are required; ability to work with or
experience with Dairy Herd Management software is a plus.
- Must possess good communication, organizational, and
- Ability to work shifts that vary in time of day, and length,
and could be longer than eight hours
- Must have reliable transportation and automobile insurance.
Mileage to/from the jobsite is reimbursed.
- Candidate must have ability to lift more than 50 lbs. on
occasion, 20 lbs. regularly
- Candidate should have the ability to be on feet for long
periods of time, which may include walking, standing, climbing
stairs and/or ladders
- Willingness to grow and develop both personally and
- This is a 100% commission-based employment opportunity. Your
ability to earn is only limited by your ability to provide great
service and desire to build additional business. We provide a
starting salary for 6 - 12 weeks to allow for on-boarding,
classroom, and on-the-job training.
- Excellent Vacation, Sick, School Activity Time Off Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Accounts
- 401k Plan with generous employer match
- Mileage reimbursement for use of personal vehicle.
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term
- Ancillary Benefits Available
- EAP Program
- Casual Work Environment
Keywords: Alta Genetics, Madison , Dairy Field Technician - Southern Wisconsin, Professions , Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!