Electrical and Controls Technician
Company: Richelieu Foods
Location: Beaver Dam
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Essential Functions- Observes mechanical devices in operation to
locate causes of trouble.
- Fabricate, disassemble and assemble production equipment to
gain access to and remove defective parts
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines and creates and
documents hours worked on applicable work orders.
- Performs preventative maintenance on all equipment and
troubleshoot/repair processing, filling and packaging production
- Install, move, and relocate machinery/equipment according to
blueprints and other drawings.
- Read and interpret blueprints and equipment manuals.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Lead or
Basic Qualifications- Minimum of three years of experience in
- Background in Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Basic Electrical Controls
(120v and 24v), 3 Phase Power.
- Prior practice in correct wiring techniques with 3 phase
motors, starters, and overloads
- Knowledge of troubleshooting bearings, belts, sheaves,
sprockets, chains, and gear reducers and proper alignment of these
- Experience in inspection of all included above and the ability
to make recommendations on the proper level of replacement and
- Ability to program a variable frequency drive (VFD)
- Knowledge of pressure sensors, flow meters, temperature
sensors, and reading and assimilating any technical documentation
to assist in the use or repair of any control device
- Ability to make recommendations on spare parts, lock-out
tag-out, guarding, and the level of operator involvement for proper
Desired Qualifications- An Associate degree in Electro/Mechanical
technology or a related field is preferred.
- Previous experience in the food industry and knowledge of GMP's
and SQF audits would be valuable
- Knowledge of robotics and the associated controls would be a
Competencies- Strong project management skills
- Must be detail-oriented
- Ability to properly handle confidential information and
- Able to analyze information gathered in order to identify
potential problems or discrepancies.
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Work Environment- While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and power
industrial truck. The employee is frequently exposed to cold, wet
and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is
Physical Demands- While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The
employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is
occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up
to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and
occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work- Maintenance Staff works 10
hour days/ 5 days a week with a weekend rotating schedule.
You should be proficient in:
- PLC Troubleshooting Skills
- Creating Preventive Maintenance Plans
- Electrical Troubleshooting Skills
- Mechanical Troubleshooting Skills
- Hydraulics Experience
- PLC Programming Experience
Keywords: Richelieu Foods, Madison , Electrical and Controls Technician, Professions , Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!