COVID-19 Clinical Technician - Part Time
Company: UW Health Partners
Posted on: September 24, 2022
This is a part time, 0.6 FTE position. Shifts will be scheduled
Monday-Friday and every other weekend. Hours may vary based on the
operational needs of the department.
Be part of something remarkable
It's time to make a difference by joining our front-line team
responsible for vaccinations and testing for COVID-19.
Opportunities exist for those wishing to be part of something truly
We are seeking a COVID-19 Clinical Technician to:
* Greet patients/employees in a professional and courteous
* Check-in patients and schedule appointments.
* Assist with nasopharyngeal (nasal) swabbing tests and vaccine
* Log and store specimens in cooler.
* Provide excellent customer service at our fast-paced drive-thru
COVID-19 testing and vaccine site.
* Your health and wellness is important. We're committed to
providing a safe place to work for you and our patients. You will
wear full personal protective equipment to assist with
nasopharyngeal (nasal) swabbing tests, vaccine administration, and
clerical activity for UW Health patients, employees, and the
Preferred - High School diploma
Preferred - Customer service experience or clinical health care
Licenses and Certifications:
Preferred - MA, CNA, EMT, Tech (PT, RT, Eye, etc.), Athletic
Trainer, or other Allied Health discipline and/or student in an
Allied Health program.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
* Ability to communicate routine instruction to patients, public,
or employees regarding tasks or procedures.
* Ability to work independently or as part of a team with minimal
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
procedure manuals, and short correspondence and memos.
* Ability to ensure a high level of patient, visitor, employee, and
external customer satisfaction.
* Willingness to work on quality improvement initiatives and accept
* Ability to multi-task and work at a rapid pace.
* Ability to teach basic skills and techniques to peers.
* Willingness and ability to learn new tasks, procedures, and
* Attention to safety
* Attention to accuracy
* Willingness to ask questions to clarify work/requirement
* Ability to safely administer injections under the supervision of
a RN using the 5 Rights of Medication Administration.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
UW Health is committed to being a diverse, equitable, inclusive and
anti-racist workplace and is an Equal Employment Opportunity,
Affirmative Action employer. Our integrity shines through in
patient care interactions and our daily work practices as we work
to embrace the knowledge, unique perspectives and qualities each
employee and faculty member brings to work each day. Applications
from Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) individuals,
LGBTQ+ and non-binary identities, women, persons with disabilities,
military service members and veterans are strongly encouraged. EOE,
UW Health Clinics - our physicians and staff are dedicated to
providing an exceptional patient and family experience by
delivering the highest quality of care in a compassionate
environment. With more than 80 primary and specialty care clinics
located throughout Dane County and the surrounding areas, we are
proud to have the opportunity to impact the communities we
View Full Job Description
UW Hospital and Clinics benefits
Keywords: UW Health Partners, Madison , COVID-19 Clinical Technician - Part Time, Professions , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!