Maintenance Utility Worker Technician
Posted on: September 24, 2022
US0018 Sysco Baraboo, LLC
Minimum Years of Experience:
This is an Operations position responsible for washing and
maintaining cleanliness of fleet equipment, checking oil, fluids,
tire pressure, fueling all equipment, aiding Yard Spotter
Working hours include (but not limited to): 1:00pm-9:30pm
- Wash and maintain cleanliness of Fleet Equipment - All trailers
are required to be internally cleaned monthly.
- Fuel every piece of delivery equipment daily.
- Check all fluid levels of power equipment daily.
- Assist the fleet shop when needed.
- Work with both fleet shop and night warehouse management to
ready equipment for use.
- Aid Wash Bay Associate as needed.
- Keep parking lot clean and free of debris.
- Support the night truck spotters to organize the truck
- Covering Yard Spotter vacations - Schedules including, but not
limited to: Sun-Thurs, Mon-Fri, or Tues-Sat afternoons or nights.
(Around 1/4 of the year)
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-3 months related experience and/or training.
- Ability to drive a Tractor-Trailer (preferred), but will train
the right candidate.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.
- Able to write simple correspondence.
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group
situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the
- Can add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions
furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
- Learn to drive and back-up tractor-trailers and straight
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle,
or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
associates within this classification. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates
assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco, Madison , Maintenance Utility Worker Technician, Professions , Portage, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!