Distribution Center Associate
Company: Second Harvest Foodbank of Southern Wisconsin
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Distribution Center Associate supports
distribution center operations by picking and pulling orders for
pickup and delivery, place product in proper storage locations and
utilize inventory control programs as specified. They will ensure
all orders are picked in a timely manner with great accuracy while
maintaining a clean and orderly warehouse, as well as assist when
necessary to load and unload trucks. The Associate will be expected
to follow all safety procedures. Position Responsibilities
- Perform distribution center duties to include: pull, fill and
load/unload orders from trucks as needed to accomplish daily
distribution center goals.
- Restock/replenish products in pick slots from the Drop Report
daily and as needed.
- Assist in cycle counts on bin daily and as needed.
- Responsible for having the distribution center neat, orderly
and tour ready at all times.
- Maintain safe floor conditions in all areas of the distribution
center area at all times.
- Work with Director of Operations and Distribution Center Team
Lead to assist in timely completion of Master Cleaning
- Provide outstanding customer service to any guests in the
- Handle food safely and complete food safety training within the
first six months of employment.
- Inspect product to be donated following food safety guidelines
- Work collaboratively with volunteers and other employees.
- Safely operate electric pallet jacks and fork lifts.
- Work with the Inventory Manager to ensure inventory accuracy
and proper rotation utilizing FEFO/FIFO inventory control
- Maintain accurate distribution sheets and pick orders.
- Fill out daily forklift inspection sheets and report equipment
needing repairs to the Director of Operations. Train volunteers on
proper use of non-powered equipment.
- Attend staff meetings as assigned
- Perform any other duties as needed to ensure smooth operation
of the distribution center, as well as to fulfill our mission,
drive our vision and abide by our values.
- Actively engages in and promotes an equitable and inclusive
- High School Diploma and 1-2 years of related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and
- Ability to work on your feet in extreme non weather cold and to
frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to safely operate warehouse equipment including pallet
jacks and forklift (we will ensure proper training/certification).
Previous experience utilizing such warehouse equipment is strongly
- Employee must have the ability to utilize email.
- Employee will be expected to learn and effectively use internal
software programs such as Ceres.Preferred Education/Experience
- Lived experience with the impacts of systemic racism or
marginalization is a plus.As part of our compensation package, we
offer a comprehensive benefits plan. Benefits include:
- Health Insurance (we pay 90% of premium for full time
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with up to 5% match
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off - 23 Days per year.
- 13 Paid Holidays per year
Keywords: Second Harvest Foodbank of Southern Wisconsin, Madison , Distribution Center Associate, Professions , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!