Maintenance Technician (Northside Madison)
Company: Wisconsin Management Company
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Wisconsin Management Company (WMC) is hiring a full-time
Maintenance Technician for two residential properties on the
Northside of Madison, Wisconsin! The Parkcrest and Ridgecrest
Apartment communities are next door to each other and share a
wooded area. Our full-time employees enjoy flexible schedules,
competitive wages, benefits and paid time off!$1,000 sign-on bonus
offered for a limited time!Job SummaryThe Maintenance Technician is
responsible for the overall maintenance of residential and/or
commercial properties in the community assigned to under direction
of the Property Manager and/or Site Manager.Principal Duties
- Perform maintenance service and repairs in the areas of
plumbing, painting, plastering, machine servicing, heating,
ventilation and air conditioning systems, electrical systems or
- Complete apartment unit turnovers in preparation for new
- Complete resident requested service orders on a timely basis
(24 hours, unless otherwise stated).
- Perform regular inspections of all buildings, common areas and
grounds on a regular basis.
- Maintain tools and maintenance equipment to ensure they are in
good working order and keep maintenance and storage areas in a
clean and safe condition.
- Order appropriate maintenance supplies needed for jobs after
approval from Supervisor.
- Perform painting and drywall patching as needed.
- Consult with Supervisor on major repairs, replacements and/or
- Schedule and complete preventive maintenance.
- Maintain grounds and common areas- including picking up
grounds, sweeping, cleaning and light landscaping, mowing, and snow
removal as needed.
- Attend meetings, training sessions and seminars as requested by
- Maintain a working knowledge of all fair housing laws, its
policies and practices and be fair and consistent in upholding
these and all company policies.
- Comply with all OSHA regulations and any applicable laws
regarding health, safety and environment.
- Maintain working knowledge in the procedures and safety
measures in each area of specialty.
- Maintain and apply knowledge of commonly used concepts,
practices and procedures within a particular maintenance-related
- Work under limited supervision.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by
- Prefers two or more years of experience in maintenance field or
in a related area.
- Required to hold a valid driver's license, have a reliable work
vehicle and maintain current vehicle insurance.
- Must be available for occasional night/weekend on-call.
- Good human relations skills and the ability to work well with
- Must have the ability to follow oral and written
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Physical capabilities to carry out job responsibilities
including the ability to lift 80-100 pounds, stand for extended
periods of time and the ability to walk, talk and have use of both
- Must have basic knowledge and experience in all areas of
residential construction, carpentry and maintenance.Pay
Keywords: Wisconsin Management Company, Madison , Maintenance Technician (Northside Madison), Professions , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!