Company: Ball Corporation
Location: Fort Atkinson
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives
to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are
you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than
21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum
cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable
our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the
universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique
purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and
inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And
everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by
doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative
thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward
in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world,
better. Whether we're developing packaging that's infinitely
recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may
change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Primary purpose of the position:Performs various manual or
mechanical production functions by operating, adjusting, and
repairing production equipment to meet customer specifications.
Performs tasks and provides services to support the plant's
production goals, overall business plans and objectives as
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Complies with established job safety practices, policies, and
procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the
safe performance of the work assignment.
- Supports and follows guidelines of the food safety system.
- Performs duties as required to ensure compliance with the
plant's quality standards.
- Performs various manual or mechanical production functions by
operating, adjusting, and repairing production equipment to meet
- Disassembles, overhauls, and rebuilds production equipment
under the supervision of a qualified maintainer.
- Performs troubleshooting on production equipment as
- Performs preventative maintenance on production equipment as
- Inputs data on a computer terminal to identify, label, and
palletize finished products.
- Operates forklift during routine performance of duties.
- Unloads, receives, inspects, and stages raw materials, scrap,
packaging materials, chemical and other supplies.
- Removes finished products from the production areas ensuring
proper identification, banding, and labeling to meet customer
- Conducts inspection of in-process or finished product to meet
- Responsible for replenishing supplies required for assigned
- Rotates through workstations as needed for coverage, relief,
and training purposes as required in conjunction with on-the-job
- May operate can line briquetter, end line baler, and slug
- Initiates, reviews and follows all standard operating
procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- Supplies and maintains required hand tools.
Position Requirement & competencies:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through high
school education, General Education Development (GED), or through
equivalent work experience
- Job related experience for 1 year(s) minimum
- Troubleshooting skills/experience
- Experience working in an industrial environment
- Ability to apply standard evaluation, selection, and
substantial adaptation and modification of standard manufacturing
and plant quality techniques, procedures, and criteria
- Ability to learn operating principles and nomenclature of all
assigned equipment and products
- Ability to learn nomenclature of all assigned equipment,
products, and quality standards
- Ability to learn to identify product defects
- Ability to use hand and power tools
- Ability to operate fork truck and aero lift
- Requires forklift license
- Working knowledge of machine mechanics
- Works in manufacturing environment
- This position is exposed to occupational hazards, including but
not limited to, high noise levels, physical obstacles, exposure to
- Must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection,
clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 27.39 per hour
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate
in the incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes
a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click
"Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving
fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does
not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job
application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In
person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball
Corporation ends in "@ball.com." Please also be advised that Ball
will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check
during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have
questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our
careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal
information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity EmployerMinority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay,
Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans
Keywords: Ball Corporation, Madison , Production Technician, Professions , Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!