Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Technician
Company: Millipore Corporation
Posted on: November 22, 2021
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery:
our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays
through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science
and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we
have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant
ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business
of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany. - -Your role:Position primarily
involves the safe and efficient manufacturing of API's according to
cGMP requirements. The role of Operator, Manufacturing 4 is
primarily focused on supporting activities in the manufacturing
environment, including but not limited to: equipment cleaning and
setup, verification tasks during GMP manufacturing, and other
production tasks as directed.
- Show positive attitude, be respectful of others, and display
MilliporeSigma (Merck) values and competencies.
- Become a role model for other employees through superb work
habits and excellent occupational behavior.
- Demonstrate proper lab safety practices, and work in accordance
with FDA, OSHA, EPA, DNR, DOT, and other regulatory agency
- Consistently follow and actively promote proper safety
protocols and PPE to other staff.
- Maintain the safety and cleanliness of production areas and all
related equipment during each shift, specifically maintaining
potent compound handling techniques.
- Utilize a wide variety of written procedures, including batch
records and existing operating procedures with assistance from a
- Perform as a secondary operator for GMP production of APIs and
- Must be able to effectively operate production equipment during
cleaning and as necessary to support production operations.
- Communicate production status effectively through shift
pass-off meetings and email.
- Correct safety and process issue gaps as identified through
standard inspections and audits in a timely and effective
- Participate in department wide execution of corrective and
preventive action implementations.
- Participate in implementation of department wide process
- Escalate issues appropriately based on scope and urgency.
- Participate in a team-based, multi-shift manufacturing
environment comprised of multiple facilities.Who You Are:Minimum
- Associate degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical
Engineering, or related Life Science
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent AND -1+ years of
pharmaceutical, chemical, or related production manufacturing
- Ability to read and understand written protocols
- PowerPoint, Email, etc.)
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Able to operate hand tools, calculators and weighing /
- Basic mathematical skills
- Possess a high degree of motivation and are a self-starter
- Ability to multi-task while paying close attention to
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds with the
assistance of equipment or teammates as necessary - -Additional
Local Needs: -
- Must be willing to work with highly potent / hazardous
- Able to utilize proper personal protective equipment which
could include, but is not limited to:
- Respiratory protection (dust masks, half/full face respirators,
supplied air, etc)
- MilliporeSigma issued work uniforms
- Lab Coats
- Full body protection (disposable coveralls, hazmat suits,
etc)???????????????????????????????????What we offer: With us,
there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you
to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various
career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility
early on and support you to draw your own career map that is
responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and
bring your curiosity to life!Curious? Apply and find more
information at The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity
employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be
discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age,
sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability,
military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity,
transgender status, marital status, or any other classification
protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. -This policy
of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and
programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion,
compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other
terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who
believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or
anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to
their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance
immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual
because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Keywords: Millipore Corporation, Madison , Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Technician, Professions , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!