Clinical Lab Scientist/Technician
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Under general direction, interpret and report test results.
Perform routine and complex technical laboratory analyses using
established procedures and protocols. Perform chemical,
microscopic, and bacteriologic tests to obtain data for use in
diagnosis and treatment of patients.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs a full range of laboratory tests from simple blood
tests to more complex tests.
- Interprets test reports and communicates findings to
- Escalates unusual, critical or abnormal results.
- Operates complex electronic equipment, computers and precision
- Maintains accuracy of equipment and reagents by performing
established preventive maintenance procedures.
- Assists providers in choosing appropriate lab test.
- Performs and evaluates quality control procedures.
- Operates, maintains, calibrates and troubleshoots
- Assists with the proper storage of hazardous materials.
- Reviews current literature and attends meetings and seminars to
keep informed of new developments in field.
- Assists in the proficiency testing program in the lab.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Associate's degree or equivalent years of experience and
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.
Keywords: SSM Health, Madison , Clinical Lab Scientist/Technician, Professions , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!