Senior Enterprise Security Analyst
Company: Contingency Employees
Posted on: February 25, 2021
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will
find the contact information to request the appropriate
accommodation by visiting the following page: U.S. citizenship is
required for this position due to Department of Defense
restrictions. Role Summary The Senior Enterprise Security Analyst
will provide support and help to manage daily operations of
Enterprise Security Configuration Management (eSCM) and Flaw
Remediation groups. They will assign project workloads for
Coordinators, and work closely with System Security Officer (SSO)
to organize and oversee biannual Joint Signature Memorandums (JSM)
submission to Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). The
Senior Coordinator will work with all lines of business and
Information Systems (IS) to ensure remediation of audit findings,
collect and document information, and find effective solutions
pertaining to Information Systems Security. In this role you will:
Oversee organization for Bi-Annual JSM submission (40%)
- Work closely with CMS, eSCM team and other areas of IS to
secure submission dates, ensure all tasks are completed timely, and
keep SSO aware of status.
- Keep up-to-date with Security Control Checklist updates and
update validation policies timely.
- Submit and complete ticket requests, fully documenting what is
being done and reporting metrics as requested.
- Act as a leader by assigning tasks, monitoring progress, and
ensuring deadlines are achieved.
- Coordinate work by prioritizing, scheduling, and assigning work
- Perform quality assurance reviews. Security Center
vulnerability scanning (10%)
- Perform ad-hoc vulnerability scans on assets as requested.
- Improve security by monitoring enterprise security environment
for performance, trends, and problems, and report on security
- Collaborate with various groups to coordinate correcting
critical and high vulnerabilities.
- Ensure teams have needed access to vulnerability scanning
- Assist in evenly spreading workload across all Coordinators for
internal and external audit involvement.
- Support Coordinator efforts where needed throughout year,
providing assistance in response to audits and vulnerability
assessments, both internal and external.
- Recommend and document corrective action plans and preventive
measures to IS teams in response to internal/external audit
- Provide clear guidance to technical and non-technical groups
for documentation when necessary, such as supporting policies,
procedures, and standards.
- Be a team player by assisting in system audits, security
assessments, and meetings when necessary, representing Information
Security as a subject matter expert.
- Provide information security guidance and support across
multiple applications and services continuous monitoring security
- Produce clear and concise management summary reports, memos,
and other documentation as necessary. Leadership (30%)
- Practice good leadership, expertise, and solutions on complex
- Make independent decisions regarding priority and
- Be a mentor to others and represent management as needed.
Provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced staff.
- Take leadership role on highly complex projects.
- Communicate with system users in business terms for better
understanding. This role could be a good fit if you:
- Possess effective analytical, leadership, communication (verbal
and written), organizational, attention-to-detail, critical
thinking, and project management skillsets with a dedication to
accuracy and customer focus.
- Can provide professionalism, dependability, integrity, and
trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude to meet
corporate core values.
- Have the ability to develop and convey a point of view, utilize
a wide degree of creativity and latitude, work in a team
environment under minimal supervision, as well as with various
levels and divisions within organization.
- Possess advanced knowledge of Microsoft office products, such
as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SharePoint. You'll benefit from
this experience by:
- Taking leadership roles on highly complex projects and
providing guidance to less experienced staff.
- Grow in a team environment by interacting with multiple levels
and roles within the organization. Apply different strategies to
convince others to change opinions or plans.
- Serving as primary contributor to development of strategic
initiatives and aid in prompt, efficient, and quality execution by
managing project staff.
- Working in a highly complex, highly security conscious
environment that has a security umbrella that encompasses Health
Insurance, contracts with Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services
(CMS) and Department of Defense (DoD) contracts that include,
Tricare and VA.
- Working as a thought leader providing guidance insights into
security industry standards.
- Working in an environment that serves our Nation's military,
veterans, Guard and Reserves along with their families. You need to
- U.S. citizenship is required for this position due to
Department of Defense restrictions.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent post high
school and/or related work experience
- 1 or more years of related work experience We also prefer:
- 5 or more years of related experience with IT compliance and
regulatory requirements, to include
- 3 or more years of experience working with internal and
external auditors AND
- 3 or more years of experience working with government agencies
(e.g. CMS) AND
- 4 or more years of security coordinator experience
- Basic understanding in networking and security
- Understanding of documentation processes and workflows
- Familiar with a variety of security concepts, practices, and
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Your team: Our team is a group of security professionals with a
variety of backgrounds and expertise focused on providing sound
security leadership to the organization. This requires the team to
work closely together and rely on each other's strengths and areas
of expertise. Compensation and Benefits
- Eligible for annual Performance Bonus Program
- 401(k) with dollar-per-dollar match up to 6% of salary
- Competitive paid time off
- Health and dental insurance start DAY 1
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending, dependent care, and health savings
- Short- and long-term disability, group life insurance
- Dress for your day
- Innovative professional and cognitive development programs Who
We Are WPS Health Solutions is an innovator in health insurance and
a worldwide leader in claims administration, serving millions of
beneficiaries in the United States and abroad. Founded in 1946, WPS
offers health insurance plans for individuals, families, and
seniors, and group plans for small and large businesses. We are a
world-class claims processor and program administrator for the
government's Medicare program. And we manage benefits for millions
of active-duty and retired military personnel and their families.
Our purpose is to make healthcare easier for those we serve. Click
Here Our values - Customer Focused, Individual Responsibility,
Mutual Respect, and Driven & Passionate - are the core of who we
are and how we conduct business every day. Health Insurance WPS
Health Insurance offers high-quality health insurance plans for
individuals and families, Medicare supplement plans for seniors,
and group health plans for businesses of every size. WPS Military
and Veterans Health administers claims and provides customer
service and related activities for the U.S. Department of Defense
and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and their
beneficiaries. WPS Government Health Administrators manages
Medicare Part A and Part B benefits for more than 7 million
beneficiaries. As one of the largest contractors for the Centers
for Medicare & Medicare Services, we've served Medicare
beneficiaries and their health care providers since 1966. WPS
Health Plan offers Health Maintenance Organization and
Point-of-Service plans to the group and individual markets in
eastern and north-central Wisconsin, plus third-party administrator
services. EPIC Specialty Benefits provides businesses group
insurance products that cover: Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Contingency Employees, Madison , Senior Enterprise Security Analyst, Professions , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!