Posted on: September 15, 2020
You are the scientist Illumina-Madison is looking for! In your
future role at the Wisconsin site of the global front-runner in
genetic sequencing, you will be one of a group of scientists who
produce the fuel for Illumina's sequencing which is used in the
study of genetic variation and function in realms from cancer
research to agriculture. You will be part of a diverse team that is
self-directed, you will be responsible for completing the cGMP
manufacturing of a wide variety enzymes using-state-of-art
processes and equipment, participating in team-based improvement
projects, and be expected to participate in an inquisitive
scientific environment. You will also work with other teams in a
collaborative environment. We want your talent, genuine curiosity
about applied science, enthusiasm for creative problem solving, and
drive to get things done.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Work independently and collaboratively as part of a scientific
team and participate in team meetings and initiatives.
- GMP manufacturing of wide variety of DNA modifying enzymes
through a range of purification process at varying scales. In
addition to supporting reagent formulations and aliquoting of the
enzymes. All in accordance with a production schedule.
- Maintain accurate production records.
- Maintain organization and inventory of lab supplies, equipment
- Assist with continuous improvement and best practice projects
within the team.
- Collaborate as part of a multi-discipline scientific team and
participate in team meetings and projects.
- Other related duties that may be requested.
- Demonstrated ability to work on diverse teams.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and take initiative.
- Excellent laboratory, organizational, and research skills.
- Minimum 1-2 years' experience in Laboratory environment.
- An A.S. or B.S. degree in chemistry, biology or related field
(or High School Diploma with equivalent experience) with a minimum
of 1 year of related Laboratory experience.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact,
and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to
providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed,
color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status,
age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability,
medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or
veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you
require accommodation to complete the application or interview
process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more,
Keywords: Illumina, Madison , Production Scientist, Professions , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!