Security Policy Analyst
Company: WPS Health Solutions
Posted on: May 24, 2020
Security Policy AnalystU.S. citizenship is required for this
position due to Department of Defense restrictions.Role
This role will provide direct support to the WPS information
security governance, risk and compliance team developing and
managing policies, standards and guidelines aimed at defining the
cybersecurity of the company's critical systems. Will work with
cross functional teams across all WPS's business lines.
In this role you will:
- Draft, review, and comment on translating federal requirements
into corporate security policies and standards, including, but not
limited to: NIST publications, OMB guidance, HIPAA, DFARS and MAC
- Develop, implement and communicate security policies,
procedures, standards, best practices, guidance and controls.
- Perform gap analysis over existing and new cyber security
contractual requirements correlate the result with our security
- Be well-versed in various information security frameworks and
standards, cybersecurity regulations and industry compliance
- Develop cybersecurity controls based on a thorough
understanding of industry standards and regulations to protect the
company from external and internal threats.
- Work with internal and external audit teams to drive
remediation items to completion.
- Understand the security risk landscape and proactively identify
the need for changes to existing controls to meet and exceed
This role could be a good fit if you:
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and
are able to navigate in an environment with both highly technical
and highly non-technical individuals.
- Have passion for technology, security and innovation.
- Want to work with a fast-paced project team.
- Are driven to utilize your technical security expertise to
increase the security posture at WPS.
- Like to work on multiple concurrent projects with high degrees
of impact to the business.
- Have experience working in a highly regulated environment and
have an understanding of audit preparedness/remediation and
You'll benefit from this experience by:
- Working in a highly complex highly security conscious
environment that has a security umbrella that encompasses Health
Insurance, contracts with Center for Medicare and Medicaid Service
(CMS) and Department of Defense (DOD) contracts that include,
Tricare and VA
- Working in an environment that serves our Nation's military,
veterans, Guard and Reserves along with their families.
- Assisting to develop a Security Policy Program from the ground
- Being a security thought leader, sharing innovative ideas,
learning about cutting edge security frameworks, systems, tools and
- Assisting in the modernization and transition of legacy systems
to cloud-based platforms.
You need to have:
U.S. citizenship is required for this position due to Department of
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, or related field
OR equivalent post high school education and/or work-related
- 2 or more years of experience in security policy and standards
We also prefer:
- Healthcare industry experience.
- Government contractor experience.
A Comprehensive understanding of:
- HIPAA Privacy Rule
- NIST Cyber Security Framework
Compensation and Benefits
- Eligible for annual Performance Bonus Program
- 401(k) withdollar-per-dollar match up to 6% of salary
- Competitive paid time off
- Health and dental insurance startDAY 1
- Dress for your day
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending, dependent care, and health savings
- Short- and long-term disability, group life insurance
- Innovative professional and cognitive development programs
Who We Are
WPS Health Solutions is an innovator in health insurance and a
worldwide leader in claims administration, serving millions of
beneficiaries in the United States and abroad.
Founded in 1946, WPS offers health insurance plans for individuals,
families, and seniors, and group plans for small and large
businesses. We are a world-class claims processor and program
administrator for the government's Medicare program. And we manage
benefits for millions of active-duty and retired military personnel
and their families.
WPS has been named one of theWorld's Most Ethical Companies-- by
the Ethisphere-- Institute for 10 years in a row.
Learn more about WPS.
Our Purpose and Values
Our purpose is to make healthcare easier for those we serve.Click
Our values- Customer Focused, Individual Responsibility, Mutual
Respect, and Driven& Passionate- are the core of who we are and how
we conduct business every day.
WPS Health Insurance offers high-quality health insurance plans for
individuals and families, Medicare supplement plans for seniors,
and group health plans for businesses of every size.
Military and Veterans Health
WPS Military and Veterans Health administers claims and provides
customer service and related activities for the U.S. Department of
Defense and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and their
Government Health Administrators
WPS Government Health Administrators manages Medicare Part A and
Part B benefits for more than 7 million beneficiaries. As one of
the largest contractors for the Centers for Medicare& Medicare
Services, we've served Medicare beneficiaries and their health care
providers since 1966.
Arise Health Plan provides innovative and high-value health plans
to groups and individuals in eastern and northeastern Wisconsin.
With our quality Wisconsin-based customer service, Arise offers
health care expertise with a personal touch.
EPIC Specialty Benefits
EPIC Specialty Benefits provides businesses group insurance
products that cover:
- Voluntary benefits
Stay connected: Sign-up for Job Alerts
Keywords: WPS Health Solutions, Madison , Security Policy Analyst, Professions , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!