Senior Security Risk Analyst
Company: WPS Health Solutions
Posted on: May 24, 2020
Senior Security Risk Analyst
U.S. citizenship is required for this position due to Department of
Defense restrictionsRole Summary:
The Information Security Risk Analyst implements and maintains a
comprehensive information security risk management program. This
includes defining key risk indicators, risk registers, processes
and standards. The Information Security Risk Analyst works with
various departments to identify, measure, and report on risk based
on information assets.
Demonstrate a clear understanding of security risks and controls;
understand how controls mitigate the risks, and how controls could
be cost-effectively and uniformly applied to protect information
systems from security risks. Understand the policy, standards and
procedures found in the WPS Security Program as well as
understanding the appropriate laws and regulations that affect WPS
business. Perform detailed security evaluation and control reviews
of information systems and processes as a result of internal
direction and business partner needs.
In this role you will:
- Identify, assess, measure and monitor information technology
risk by performing hands-on risk assessments.
- Identify and communicate recommended security and control
deficiencies for business units.
- Document and monitor the implementation of controls for
applications, technologies& assets.
- Maintain assessment criteria of applications& systems for
measuring compliance of company policies, procedures, standards,
security training programs, technical infrastructure, applications
and development efforts against defined compliance baselines.
- Develop, document, maintain and support the information
security risk management program in line with information security
policy, practices and leading industry standards.
- Understand information security risks pertinent to its business
goals and technology infrastructure and support an enterprise
information security risk program to identify& assess and respond
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of emerging trends in
information security risks; apply new techniques and trends,
in-line with overall information security objectives and risk
- Work with technology and business teams to develop and document
risk mitigation action plans, along with recommendations to reduce
information security risk within their areas.
- Assist with vendor assessments for evaluations and tracking of
- Provide leadership, expertise and solutions on complex
- Making independent decisions to determine areas of risk that
should be assessed.
- Mentor others and may represent management at times.
- Take on a leadership role on highly complex projects and
provide guidance to less experienced staff.
- Plan and manage small to medium projects.
This role could be a good fit if you:
- Possess strong knowledge of the principles, tools and protocols
of security administration/products.
- Are familiar with risk management techniques, such as access
control and cryptography.
- Want to utilize your knowledge of the current methods and
strategies used for monitoring and controlling access to networks
- Have experience analyzing security protocols and assessing
compliance and security policies.
- Enjoy working with stakeholders to identify system
vulnerabilities and provide solutions for remediation.
- Understand basic concepts of hardware, software, networks and
facilities that make up infrastructure and IT systems.
- Have a passion for optimization of security systems and
processes that govern information technology.
- Want to be a thought leader and utilize recent security trends
and emerging technology and stays current on innovative security
You'll benefit from this experience by:
- Working in a highly complex, highly security conscious
environment that has a security umbrella that encompasses Health
Insurance, contracts with Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services
(CMS) and Department of Defense (DOD) contracts that include,
Tricare and VA.
- Work as a thought leader providing guidance insights into
security industry standards.
- Assisting in the modernization and transition of legacy systems
to cloud-based platforms. Working on a results oriented team,
focused on security process improvement.
- Working in an environment that serves our Nation's military,
veterans, Guard and Reserves along with their families.
You need to have:
- U.S. citizenship is required for this position due to
Department of Defense restrictions.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent post high
school and/or related work experience.
- 1 or more year of related work experience
We also prefer:
- 5 or more years of related experience with IT compliance and
regulatory requirements to include any combination of experience
working with internal and external auditors, experience working
with government agencies (e.g. CMS), or security coordinator
- CISA, CRISC, GCCC
- Effective leadership, communication (verbal and written) and
project management skills to work with various levels and divisions
within the organization.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking abilities, able to
develop and convey a point of view.
- Basic understanding in networking and security
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office products, such as Excel,
Word, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- Experience working in a team environment under minimal
- Understanding of documentation processes and workflows.
- Familiar with a variety of security concepts, practices and
procedures. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is
Compensation and Benefits
- Eligible for annual Performance Bonus Program
- 401(k) withdollar-per-dollar match up to 6% of salary
- Competitive paid time off
- Health and dental insurance startDAY 1
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending, dependent care, and health savings
- Short- and long-term disability, group life insurance
- Dress for your day
- Innovative professional and cognitive development programs
Who We Are
WPS Health Solutions is an innovator in health insurance and a
worldwide leader in claims administration, serving millions of
beneficiaries in the United States and abroad.
Founded in 1946, WPS offers health insurance plans for individuals,
families, and seniors, and group plans for small and large
businesses. We are a world-class claims processor and program
administrator for the government's Medicare program. And we manage
benefits for millions of active-duty and retired military personnel
and their families.
WPS has been named one of theWorld's Most Ethical Companies-- by
the Ethisphere-- Institute for 10 years in a row.
Learn more about WPS.
Our Purpose and Values
Our purpose is to make healthcare easier for those we serve.Click
Our values- Customer Focused, Individual Responsibility, Mutual
Respect, and Driven& Passionate- are the core of who we are and how
we conduct business every day.
WPS Health Insurance offers high-quality health insurance plans for
individuals and families, Medicare supplement plans for seniors,
and group health plans for businesses of every size.
Military and Veterans Health
WPS Military and Veterans Health administers claims and provides
customer service and related activities for the U.S. Department of
Defense and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and their
Government Health Administrators
WPS Government Health Administrators manages Medicare Part A and
Part B benefits for more than 7 million beneficiaries. As one of
the largest contractors for the Centers for Medicare& Medicare
Services, we've served Medicare beneficiaries and their health care
providers since 1966.
Arise Health Plan provides innovative and high-value health plans
to groups and individuals in eastern and northeastern Wisconsin.
With our quality Wisconsin-based customer service, Arise offers
health care expertise with a personal touch.
EPIC Specialty Benefits
EPIC Specialty Benefits provides businesses group insurance
products that cover:
- Voluntary benefits
Stay connected: Sign-up for Job Alerts
Keywords: WPS Health Solutions, Madison , Senior Security Risk Analyst, Professions , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!