Solar Site Technician (2476)
Company: ENGIE North America Inc.
Posted on: May 16, 2020
At ENGIE North America, innovation and excellence create a
platform for growth. We have a range of businesses in the United
States and Canada, including clean power generation, cogeneration,
and energy storage, retail energy sales, and comprehensive services
to help customers run their facilities more efficiently and
optimize energy and other resource use and expense. Nearly 100
percent of our power generation portfolio is low carbon or
renewable. Globally, ENGIE is the largest independent power
producer and energy efficiency services provider in the world, with
operations in 70 countries employing 150,000 people, including
1,000 researchers in 11 R&D centers.
We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the
future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and
flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity
to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the
THE ROLE: SOLAR SITE TECHNICIAN
Operate and maintain the solar site by optimizing generation
availability and performance through established procedures with
the highest regard for health, safety and environment
Remote - Central Wisconsin / Asset Optimization
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Shall be a leader in safety, upholding safety as a core value
* Actively participate in the behavior-based safety program and
ensure every team member and contractor complies with all safety
procedures and applicable task-oriented job safety analyses
* Ensure site safety rules are communicated and adhered to through
Site Specific Orientations, JSAs and Tailboard Meetings
* Demonstrate procedural compliance in all site operation and
maintenance activities by utilizing established procedures
* Facilitate and implement all daily work as the on-site Tech,
including producing Reports including but not limited to Daily,
Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly reports
* Operate and repair site equipment, both directly and remotely
* Coordinate Switching and Curtailments with relevant local
utilities and ISOs.
* Ensure site equipment is kept at the highest possible standard
maximizing availability, reliability, efficiency, and
* Demonstrate work planning skills, activity scheduling and follow
up to assure work conformance
* Perform routine inspections prepare oil analysis samples, safely
using tools (e.g. hot sticks, multimeter and IR Camera)
* Manage and direct contractors and equipment specialist, ensuring
quality work, completed safely and promptly
* Exhibit excellent interpersonal skills that include listening to
others ideas and viewpoints, earning trust, and resolving conflict
* Primary point of contact for all landowners, develop and maintain
these key relationships
* Maintain site vegetation management process
* Manage and determine Spare Parts inventory
* Schedule and manage work on site between different
* Perform the housekeeping functions and equipment cleaning
necessary to maintain the site in a clean and neat condition.
* Recommend operating and/or maintenance changes that will enhance
plant performance and availability
* Maintain confidentiality of all information available to the
* Comply with all contractual and legal obligations impacting
Support operations at other sites during unusual events
(emergencies, etc.). * Equipment operation training contractors,
other sites employees
* Demonstrate the consistent use of Root Cause Failure Analysis
techniques when solving plant abnormalities and equipment
* Must be able to analyze complex problems under the pressure of
* Use computerized Work Order, Purchase Requisition and Receiving
* Carries out other duties as assigned
* Ability to effectively use diagnostic equipment
* Troubleshoot, repair and maintain solar systems: panels,
trackers, combiner boxes, invertors, meteorological instrumentation
and substation equipment such as: electrical control circuits,
transformers, high voltage breakers
* Be AVO certified as substation technician within 12 months of
* Be proficient in using and maintaining SCADA systems
* Required to have and maintain a valid driver's license
* Exhibit leadership and managerial qualities, and able to
supervise contractors and other employees,
* Required to be on call as deemed necessary by Supervisor
* Must be able to personally respond to plant emergencies
* Travel to support other Engie renewable generation facilities
* Must have demonstrated ability to communicate effectively. Verbal
and non-verbal, i.e., formal reports.
* Must be able to operate a computer terminal (or have the
capability of learning), calculator, etc.
* Must hold or obtain a valid passport and be able to travel
internationally with minimal restrictions.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL ABILITIES
* Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
* Ability to communicate effectively, both written and
* Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a
high degree of accuracy.
* Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
* Capable of frequently standing, walking, balancing, sitting,
climbing (ladders, stairs, ramps, catwalks, stacks and the like as
required), stooping, squatting, crouching, crawling, kneeling,
reaching, grasping, pushing, pulling, lifting (min. 50lbs),
feeling, talking and hearing.
* Capable of performing repetitive motions as required.
* Required to have eyesight corrected at 20/40 to accurately read
and interpret such as but not limited to instruments, gauges, and
* Must be physically capable of entering and working in a confined
space (crawl spaces, small enclosed areas, etc.) as required.
* Must be physically capable of performing demanding work at
various heights greater than 300 feet and in adverse conditions
during operations, shutdowns, and in fire/emergency activities.
* Must be physically capable of wearing protective equipment (PPE)
including but not limited to - fall protection equipment, hardhat,
safety shoes, safety glasses, arc-flash clothing, etc.
* Able and willing to perform first aid and CPR
* 2-year diploma in a technical program preferred (electrical or
Instrumentation controls) or equivalent experience
* 4 years of experience in Solar generation site, Wind generation
site, Thermal power plant, Manufacturing or Mining operations, or
* Trades qualifications an asset: (HV Lineman, Electrician,
Substation Technician or Controls Technician)
WORKING ENVIRONMENT (30% INDOORS 70% OUTDOORS)
Work environment characteristics described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to
weather conditions prevalent at the time.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For this role you must have authorization to work in the United
States. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and
employees are treated during employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age,
disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic
information or any other legally protected status.
This job advertisement is supported by the ENGIE Talent Acquisition
team. Agency involvement is not required. All related inquires must
be done to the Talent Acquisition team, not direct to ENGIE North
Keywords: ENGIE North America Inc., Madison , Solar Site Technician (2476), Professions , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!