Company: Clasen Quality Chocolate
Posted on: March 27, 2020
Clasen Quality Chocolate (CQC) is a world-class manufacturer of
chocolate and confectionery coatings. CQC maintains a professional,
supportive work environment where teamwork is the key to our
success.Working for a privately-held company provides you with the
opportunity to wear many different "hats," make a difference every
day, and have fun doing it!We are committed to being an Employer of
Choice in Southern Wisconsin and offering our employees a variety
of traditional and unconventional benefits.
We are currently accepting applications for a full-timeTanker
Driver. This position will be based out of the Cottage Grove, WI
area and requires over 75% travel.
JOB SUMMARY:This position is responsible for delivering tanker
loads from our plant locations to our customers with a high level
of professionalism, ensuring personal and product safety and
product quality.This position also supports intercompany transfers
and deliveries to CQC/Customers of dry products on as needed
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
- Inspect equipment before and after trips and submits reports
indicating equipment condition.
- Read bill of lading to determine routing assignments.
- Perform checks to secure all cargo in the trailer during
- Load, unload, or assist in loading and unloading truck.
- Obtain customer's signature for proof-of-delivery (POD) and/or
collects payment for services.
- Inventory and inspect product(s) to be transported.
- Drive vehicles, applying knowledge of commercial driving
regulations, to transport and deliver products.
- Maneuver truck into loading or unloading position, following
signals from material handlers as needed.
- Perform the necessary checks to assure the vehicle conforms to
state and federal regulations.
- Maintain driver log according to Federal Motor Carrier Safety
Administration (FMCSA) and Department of Transportation (DOT)
- Lead efforts to monitor the equipment's service schedule and
overall condition of the assigned tractor and trailers.Notify
supervisor when service is needed or required.
- Clean and return equipment back to service after completing
loads. This includes trucks, trailers, and all equipment needed to
unload product at the customer.
- Enter trailers to conduct scheduled swabbing and installation
of necessary components.
- Conduct facility cleaning as required by the company's Master
- Maintain a high level of customer service and professionalism
on every load hauled.
- Perform all tasks assigned by the supervisor, while following
all company, safety, and quality policies and procedures.
- Maintain regular attendance at work.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 21 years old (DOT requirement)
- Must have a valid Class A CDL with Tanker endorsement, a valid
medical examiners card and an acceptable driving record.
- Tanker certification can be obtained prior to start date.
- Minimum of 3 years verifiable tractor/trailer driving
- Pass a pre-employment driving test
- Pass a pre-employment DOT drug screen and physical exam
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Work with allergens, such as peanut, tree nuts, dairy, and
- Customer focused
- Detail oriented
- Honesty and integrity
- Interpersonal skills
- Relationship building
- Time management skills
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance (Low deductible and
- Company-paid Life and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Match - up to 5%
- Paid Vacation, Personal and Volunteer days plus 11
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Wellness:Free fruit, insurance discounts, gym reimbursement,
free wellness checks
- Scholarships - Employee, spouse, and children
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free chocolate and coating!
- Bonus Potential
CQC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and
will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability,
protected veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other
characteristic protected by law.EEO Poster
For more information, please visit our website atwww.cqc.com
Keywords: Clasen Quality Chocolate, Madison , Tanker Driver, Professions , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!