Company: Springs Window Fashions
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Lead, plan and coordinate process improvement initiatives within
the organization. The Middleton facility is the birthing center for
new products and new quality processes. This position will also
support the various functional areas, teams, systems, and processes
that drive continuous product and process quality improvements and
ensure the establishment / sustainment of these new processes at
all facilities. Provide leadership and direction for all Q@S
associates and support NPS through the development of quality and
process control plans.
- Q@S site and organizational support coordination. Facility
technical expert of Q@S system and processes
- Development coach for the facility, to include managers, team
leads, department training coordinators and process teams
- Ensure organizational improvements and savings are reviewed and
- Ensure Q@S best practice development between facilities
- Coordinate training of new Q@S processes between sites (i.e.
WICR and PDM)
- Coordinate training in Q@S process improvement methods and
other RTB quality tools
- Co-leader of organizational Q@S Leadership Team
- Administration of work instruction storage in the PDM
- Monitor the needs of the users of the Q@S system and ensure
- Act as liaison between Q@S teams and management.
- Manage, facilitate, and participate in process / product
- Create and coordinate cross functional improvement teams (i.e.
remakes reduction team)
- Ensure data is available, and used by teams, for improvement
- Ensure QS / Q@S support during new product launches (i.e.
Quality handoff plan, Control plans, Spec & Process audits)
- Support Q@S development of acquisition locations
- Provide problem solving support
- Help facility and organization to identify and eliminate root
causes and causative factors that result in quality issues
- Be an on-going catalyst to promote preventative (proactive) vs.
corrective (reactive) action
- Ensure Q@S production floor experience is driven into the
product design stages of the 8D process to ensure low remakes
- Follow 6S procedures to maintain work environment in a neat and
- Follow safety policies and procedures. Attend
regularly-scheduled safety meetings.
- Attend and participate in miscellaneous quality and Q@S related
meetings, daily huddles and other meetings to ensure smooth flow of
- Plan and conduct Q@S recognition celebrations and other tasks
assigned by leadership
- Springs Window Fashions is a leader in the custom window
treatment industry since 1939. Headquartered in Middleton WI, we
have over 9,000 associates with locations in North America, Europe,
and Asia. Our custom window treatments are available under the
Bali, Graber, SunSetter and Mecho brands in nearly every major
retailer, in thousands of designer showrooms and showcased in large
- Our company has invested heavily building capabilities the last
three years to become a leader in product innovation. As North
America's premier window covering company, we're committed to
creating a "Best Experience" for our consumers, channel partners
and associates. We are bringing new innovations to the market at an
accelerating pace and have a lot to offer consumers who want to
improve their home d--cor.
- Ensures Accountability - Holding self and others accountable to
- Drive Engagement - Creating a climate where people are
motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its
- Instill Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others
through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Drive Results - Consistently achieving results, even under
- Consumer/Customer Focus - Building strong customer
relationships and delivering on customer-centric solutions
- Critical Thinking - Making Sense of complex, high quantity, and
sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve
- Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when
facing difficult situations
- Optimize Work Processes - Knowing the most effective and
efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum - High school diploma or equivalent. Experience in a
Quality role desired.
- Strong computer skills.
- Able to prioritize and manage time wisely.
- Experience in demonstrating the use of proper work methods, and
the desire to achieve Best Practice.
- Must be able to work independently with little or no
- Work flexible hours to cover multiple shifts and
- Preferred - Thorough understanding of Q@S system or similar
associate engagement and continual improvement system.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient at basic math and the fundamentals of
- Able to sort, combine, and graph quality data to present to
organizational leaders to make business decisions or strategic
- Must possess the ability to work well with others and function
in a team environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (including MS-Word,
Power Point, and Excel).
- Must be able to plan and direct ones own work with general
direction from supervision.
- Ability to coordinate the work activities of others.
- Knowledge of quality principles and Total Quality Management
- Experience in problem solving techniques. Experience with
measuring equipment (i.e. calipers)
Keywords: Springs Window Fashions, Madison , Quality Specialist, Other , Middleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!