Physician-Hematology Oncology -SSM Health Dean Medical Group-Madison, WI
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: September 21, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a calling
WI-SSM Health Dean Medical Group South Madison Campus
SSM Health Dean Medical Group, a multi-specialty group
headquartered in Madison, WI, is adding a full time
Hematology/Oncology physician to our robust oncology team of
physicians and advanced practice providers located at our brand-new
South Madison Campus. This sub-specialty orientated practice will
be looking for the new physician to focus on neuro-oncology and
* Primarily outpatient focused practice four days per week
* Two days spent in Madison delivering subspecialty-based care and
two days spent treating patients in our outreach clinics
* Enjoy an administrative day that is built into every physician's
* Anticipated shared call schedule 1:11 weekdays and 1:10
* Quarterly inpatient coverage rotations for approximately 4 weeks
every year providing consultative services without primary
* Department is supported by experienced advanced practitioners
* Collegial and experienced oncology team
* Unparalleled career options as part of a robust integrated
* Excellent compensation, a signing bonus and fringe benefits will
SSM Health Dean Medical Group South Madison Campus
This new SSM Health Dean Medical Group South Madison Campus,
located at 1211 Fish Hatchery Road, houses more than 100 primary
and specialty care providers. Primary care services include
pediatrics, family medicine, internal medicine and women's health.
Specialty care services include orthopedics, including joints,
podiatry and sports medicine, as well as cancer care, ENT,
audiology, wound care, infection prevention and treatment,
palliative care and genetic counseling. In addition, the clinic
offers extensive therapy services, as well as on-site imaging, lab
and retail pharmacy. SSM Health offers exceptional care for the
entire family. From diagnosis and treatment for minor and chronic
illnesses to immunizations and X-rays, for convenient care in your
neighborhood, we have you covered.
* Gorgeous Midwestern college town built on two lakes.
* Home of the largest producer-only farmers market in the U.S.
* Named one of the best cities in the country for biking.
* Outstanding restaurants and breweries. Foodie heaven.
* WI Medical License (or ability to obtain prior to start)
* Active WI DEA
* BE/BC in Hematology/Oncology
SSM Health Dean Medical Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, or national origin.
Diagnose and treat injuries or illnesses
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
* Responsible for obtaining call coverage by other medical staff
members for holidays, vacations and other time off.
* Responsible for the standard of practice for patient
* Responsibility for maintaining a private office and all clinical
decision making within the office during times of service.
* Acts as an advisor and consultant in the establishment of
operational policies of the practice to include: (1) Purchasing and
capital allocations; (2) Managed care plan participation; (3)
Budget and practice expenses; (4) Medicare/Medicaid participation;
(5) Billing and collection of professional fees; (6) Personnel
management and related policies; (7) Risk management and quality
assurance; and (8) Coding compliance.
* Responsible for after-hours call coverage for patients of the
practice, in addition to office appointments.
* Participates in community service activities, including speaking
engagements, writing and special clinical programs as reasonably
* Responsible for all risk management, coding compliance and
quality assurance activities and functions in and related to the
* Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Constant use of speech to share information through oral
* Constant standing and walking.
* Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
* Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
* Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
* Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
* Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
* Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
* Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
* Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
* Occasional driving.
* Rare crawling and running.
Licenses / Certifications:
Physician - State of Work Location
Variable Shift (United States of America)
6880010164 SMC Oncol
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health is an equal opportunity employer. SSM Health does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national
origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
applicable law. Click here to learn more.
Keywords: SSM Health, Madison , Physician-Hematology Oncology -SSM Health Dean Medical Group-Madison, WI, Other , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!