Physician-Orthopedic Surgery -SSM Health Dean Medical Group-Baraboo, WI
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: September 21, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a calling
WI-SSM Health St. Clare Hospital - Baraboo
SSM Health Dean Medical Group, a 500+ physician multi-specialty
group headquartered in Madison, WI, is actively recruiting for a
full-time (1.0 FTE) Orthopedic Surgeon for its facility in Baraboo,
Wisconsin. Subspecialty interest in sports medicine or total joints
can be pursued. SSM Health offers exceptional care for the entire
family. From diagnosis and treatment for minor and chronic
illnesses to immunizations and X-rays, for convenient care in your
neighborhood, we have you covered. Additional details:
* Join an experienced staff and be a vital part of the orthopedic
* Support from non-operative sports medicine for management of
* 2 experienced physician assistants
* ED staffed by board eligible/certified emergency room
* Shared call
* Mako Robot
* Epic EMR
* Excellent compensation, a signing bonus, and fringe benefits will
* Active unrestricted WI medical license
* Active unrestricted WI DEA
* Board Certified/Board Eligible in Orthopedic Surgery
SSM Health - St. Clare Hospital, is a 100-bed facility with
24-hour, Level 3 trauma ER coverage which is contracted through
Madison Emergency Physicians; there is 24/7 Hospitalist coverage;
full lab and pathology services; average 300 deliveries/yr. The ICU
consists of 6 beds and the hospital contracts with Hicuity
Telemedicine. The hospital's primary service area includes the
communities of Baraboo, Merrimac, Rock Springs, North Freedom,
Lyndon Station, Lake Delton, and Wisconsin Dells, with a population
of 38,363. In addition, there are 3.5 million tourists who vacation
in our area annually.
Baraboo, a picturesque community of just over 10,000, is nestled in
the rolling hills of Sauk County in South Central Wisconsin. It
serves as the county seat and is just minutes away from Wisconsin
Dells, The Waterpark Capital of the World and scenic Devils Lake
State Park. More than 3.5 million visitors enjoy the Baraboo /
Wisconsin Dells area each year as part of their vacation or
conference travel itinerary. Home to Circus World Museum, the
original Winter quarters of the Ringling Bros. Circus, Baraboo
provides a charming and friendly small-town atmosphere with unique
shopping, lodging and dining. Plus year-round attraction and
recreational options like skiing, hiking, biking, water sports,
hunting and fishing abound. It's also located just 40 miles north
of Madison, Wisconsin's Capitol City.
SSM Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or
Diagnose and treat injuries or illnesses.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
* Responsible for obtaining call coverage by other medical staff
members for holidays, vacations and other time off.
* Responsible for the standard of practice for patient
* Responsibility for maintaining a private office and all clinical
decision making within the office during times of service.
* Acts as an advisor and consultant in the establishment of
operational policies of the practice to include: (1) Purchasing and
capital allocations; (2) Managed care plan participation; (3)
Budget and practice expenses; (4) Medicare/Medicaid participation;
(5) Billing and collection of professional fees; (6) Personnel
management and related policies; (7) Risk management and quality
assurance; and (8) Coding compliance.
* Responsible for after-hours call coverage for patients of the
practice, in addition to office appointments.
* Participates in community service activities, including speaking
engagements, writing and special clinical programs as reasonably
* Responsible for all risk management, coding compliance and
quality assurance activities and functions in and related to the
* Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Constant use of speech to share information through oral
* Constant standing and walking.
* Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
* Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
* Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
* Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
* Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
* Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
* Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
* Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
* Occasional driving.
* Rare crawling and running.
Licenses / Certifications:
Physician - State of Work Location
Variable Shift (United States of America)
7310420164 Brboo Spec Ortho
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health is an equal opportunity employer. SSM Health does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national
origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
applicable law. Click here to learn more.
Keywords: SSM Health, Madison , Physician-Orthopedic Surgery -SSM Health Dean Medical Group-Baraboo, WI, Other , Baraboo, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!