Location: Sauk City
Posted on: September 20, 2023
JOB SUMMARY: The machine operator has knowledge of commonly used
production machine operation concepts, practices and procedures and
relies on pre-established guidelines to perform job. Under general
supervision operates various production machinery, including plasma
and saws, tools and equipment. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Operate
press, brake, saw, plasma, CNC machine. Use variety of measurement
instruments, with timely completion of work load. Specifically:
- Run saw, press brake, drill line, turning center safely and
- Run crane and obtain own material.
- Read prints to cut pitches, mitre cuts.
- Use small hand tools, assembly jigs and fixtures; operate small
floor or bench type machines.
- Locate and ensure correct material is pulled to work
- Assist with layout; interpret specifications, blueprints and
work instructions; work from drawings, specifications and job
layouts; check work; ensure nesting program matches print with job
- Ensure proper nesting to avoid waste of material.
- Complete production reports.
- Complete assignments on time and correctly; ensure jobs are
staged correctly and tagged appropriately after completion.
- Assist with routine maintenance on machines; continually
maintain a clean working environment; ensure machines are working
- Practice safe work habits and follow general safety procedures;
demonstrate accountability for all safety procedures.
- Perform additional duties as requested.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE & SKILLS/ABILITIES:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3 years prior production experience including experience in
production machining; fork lift operation; crane & other lifting
devices operation; willingness to learn together with less than 3
years experience considered.
- Must be able to dimension material thickness and part
- Must be able to read and understand prints, having detailed
skill with various prints and drawings.
- Must be able to read and understand measuring devices to 1/16
of an inch.
- Proven self-starter with ability to take instruction as
- Proficient written and oral communication skills with ability
to act as a team player.
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to use sound
judgment to make critical decisions; ability to work well under
pressure when needed. SAFETY REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to stand
for long periods of time, bend, twist, squat and reach throughout
an entire shift. Ability to lift 50 lbs, ocassionally up to 75 lbs.
Must wear PPE while on production floor. The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Members of
the McFarlane Mfg. Co. team are eligible to receive competitive
benefits which include group health, health savings account with
match, dental, vision, paid life and disability insurances,
training opportunities, 401k with match, Paid Time Off, Paid
Holidays, Retail Service Center discount, company events, EAP and
more. To be considered for this opportunity, qualified applicants
should submit resume to: McFarlane Mfg. Co., Inc., HR, 780 Carolina
Street, Sauk City, WI 53583 or email to
Keywords: McFarlane's, Madison , Machine Operator, Other , Sauk City, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!