Hiring Now! 2nd Shift Aluminum MIG Welder
Company: Stoughton Trailers, LLC
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate all types of tools necessary to the job, including but
not limited to, wire feed welder, plasma cutter, oxygen and
acetylene cutting torches, hand drill, hammer, needle gun, chisel,
utility knives, putty scraper, disk sander, rivet gun, impact
wrench, huck gun, grinder, clamps, combination square, automatic
welder and tape measure.
- Weld in all positions such as vertical, flat, vertical lap and
- Set up various parts and assemblies for welding.
- Set machines up for carbon and stainless steel of various
- Place and move blocking, braces and jigs to hold parts.
- Hammer wedges and drift pins, turn turnbuckles, and pull pry
bars to align parts.
- Grind or chip rough edges, surplus weld, or scale.
- Position and turn clamps, and bolt together straps or
- Operate overhead cranes, hoists and other lifting devices.
- Perform measurement and quality checks and record
- Operate robotic weld equipment.
- Perform all assigned tasks in a safe, efficient and highly
productive manner according to company policy.
- Contribute to the team effort to produce a quality
- Attend scheduled work hours on a regular and timely basis.
Maintain good attendance.
- Ability to work mandatory overtime. Other duties may be
assigned by the company. Above is a list of the most important
responsibilities and functions, which are essential to the
position. Employees must be able to perform these essential
functions satisfactorily with or without a reasonable
accommodation. Accommodations will be evaluated and provided to
eligible employees on a case by case basis, depending on the
employee's medical restrictions, work availability, the nature of
the position, the position's essential functions and other relevant
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent, based on
education and work experience.
- Preferred Welder Certification
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Must be able to accurately read and use gauges, tape measures,
and read and understand blueprints.
- Must be able to read and understand Process sheets.
- Basic shop math (fractions, measurements).
- Knowledge of welding practices.
- Knowledge of the setting up and operations of weld machines,
oxygen and acetylene torch, plasma machines and robotic
- Knowledge of weld defect identification and repair.
- Successfully pass written and hands on weld tests.
- Successfully pass pulmonary function tests. Training:
- Orientation Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Stoughton Trailers, LLC, Madison , Hiring Now! 2nd Shift Aluminum MIG Welder, Other , Stoughton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!