Catastrophe Property Field Claims Adjuster
Company: American Family Insurance
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Investigate and maintain property/casualty claims. Determine
liability, secure information, review coverages, arrange
appraisals, and settle claims. May work in the field or central
The Claim Adjuster position supports the Claim Division goal of
ensuring customer service industry leadership and partners with
agency to deliver seamless claim service. An experienced adjuster
who can work on moderately complex claims. May specialize in
liability, property or catastrophe claims and may be assigned to
either a desk or field adjusting team. You will report to a Claim
Manager.Compensation Minimum:$52,300.00 / yearCompensation
Maximum:$83,800.00 / year Compensation may vary based on the job
level and your geographic work location. Incentive Pay: $150.00/day
(M-F) and $200.00/day (weekends & holidays) Please note: You will
travel for CAT duty. Job Level Summary
- Requires working experience in own job discipline and broaden
- You will continue to build knowledge of the company, processes
- You will perform a range of assignments related to job
- You will use prescribed guidelines in analyzing
- You will receive a moderate level of guidance and direction.
- You will investigate origin and cause of claims by contacting
the appropriate parties including insureds, claimants, agents,
attorneys, contractors, experts, special investigation unit, other
adjusters, public personnel, etc
- You will identify complex issues and seek assistance. Handle
claims on a good faith basis.
- You will handle 1st party claims under multiple policies types
and numerous endorsements.
- You will conduct on-site inspections when needed, evaluate
damages, and handle claim negotiations with insureds, claimants,
attorneys, and public adjusters.
- You will respond to customer inquiries, make decisions and
- You will interpret and determine policies, leases, by-laws,
declarations, articles and contract coverages and applies to all
parties for assigned losses.
- You will provide all parties with claim process and status;
answer questions or redirect to other areas. Travel Requirements
- Must be able to travel for Catastrophe duty.
- Catastrophe specific roles requires travel 10%-75% if the time.
Education & Licenses
- Valid driver's license required plus an acceptable driving
- Obtain state specific property casualty claims licensing as
required.Specialized Knowledge & Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions,
support or service.
- Demonstrated experience handling 1st party, multi-line claims
across our operating territories, or other equivalent
- Demonstrated experience handling moderately complex claims, or
other equivalent experience.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of policies and endorsements
related to casualty coverages, or other equivalent knowledge.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of each phase of the claim
handling process, or other equivalent knowledge. Physical Demands
- This position requires the ability to climb or balance (applies
to field position only).
- This position requires the ability to work with distance vision
(clear vision at 20 feet or more) for extended periods of time
(applies to field position only).
- This position requires the ability to stoop, kneel, crouch or
crawl (applies to field position only).
- This position requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- This position requires the ability to work in high, precarious
places between 50-67% of the time.
- This position requires the ability to work with exposure to
outside weather conditions between 66 and 100% of the time (applies
to field position only). We provide benefits that support your
physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have access
to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits
that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a
competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual
incentive, 9 paid holidays and a paid time off program (23 days
accrued annually for full-time employees). In addition, our student
loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to
support our employees and their families. Interns and contingent
workers are not eligible for American Family Insurance Group
benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to
comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws pertaining
to non-discrimination, non-harassment and equal opportunity. We
also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Keywords: American Family Insurance, Madison , Catastrophe Property Field Claims Adjuster, Other , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!