Quality Inspector - 1st Shift AWS
Company: Stoughton Trailers, LLC
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Job Purpose Monitors the manufacturing quality of trailers,
individual parts and sub-assemblies in compliance with applicable
Company quality assurance standards, engineering drawings and other
-Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate all types of tools essential and necessary to the job,
including but not limited to brake test machine, light tester, man
lift, bumper jack, ABS tester, wrenches, tape measure.
- Work on the trailer assembly line and sub-assembly areas
monitoring those items as designated by the Quality Assurance
- Verify conformance of each assigned item to company and/or
customer drawings, standards and specifications.
- Record acceptance or rejection decision by identifying
him/herself on the appropriate forms and ensure reasons for
rejections are clearly defined.
- Assist in the initiation of corrective action by management in
the event of sub-standard quality levels or failure to meet
acceptance or reliability standards.
- Maintain communications with all assembly line managers,
continuously informing these managers of all out-of-specification
conditions, especially where noted on more than one unit.
- Maintain daily off the line reporting status of all units
leaving sub-assembly and final assembly line.
- Submit continuous product quality appraisals to those
individuals whose subordinates affect the physical outcome of the
- Perform all assigned tasks in a safe, efficient and highly
productive manner according to company policy.
- Contribute to the team effort to produce a quality
- Attend scheduled work hours on a regular and timely basis.
Maintain good attendance.
- Ability to work mandatory overtime.
- Follow company policies and procedures. -Other duties may be
assigned by the company.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent, based on education
and work experience.
- FHWA (Federal Highway Administration) test and re-certification
test every two years is mandatory
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- -Basic knowledge of computers is required.
- -Fluent in English, speaking and writing.
- -Bi-lingual beneficial.
- -Must possess good written and oral communication
- -Must be able to work well with manufacturing -hourly employees
-and all levels of management personnel.
- -Detail-oriented: someone who pays attention to the details and
can make a conscious effort to understand causes instead of just
the effects, and that does this in a second nature type of
- -Motivated: stimulate (someone's) interest in or enthusiasm for
- -Organized: arranged in a systematic, orderly way
- -Company provided training may include but not limited to:
- -Utility/Golf Cart
- -Aerial Lifts - Genie/Wave/Manlifts
- -Stoughton Trailers will provide training on trailer
specifications, engineering drawings and quality assurance checking
- -Stoughton Trailers will provide training to operate measuring
and test equipment related to the job.
Above is a list of the most important responsibilities and
functions, which are essential to the position. - Employees must be
able to perform these essential functions satisfactorily with or
without a reasonable accommodation. - Accommodations will be
evaluated and provided to eligible employees on a case by case
basis, depending on the employee's medical restrictions, work
availability, the nature of the position, the position's essential
functions and other relevant factors.EducationPreferred
- High School or betterEqual Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Stoughton Trailers, LLC, Madison , Quality Inspector - 1st Shift AWS, Other , Oregon, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...