Company: Bell Laboratories, Inc
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Bell Laboratories Inc., a highly successful specialty chemical
manufacturer, has an -opportunity -for a -motivated individual -to
join our talented Operator -team. -At Bell Laboratories, we set the
standards for innovation and quality products in the industry.WHY
work for Bell Labs?
- Stability - We've never had a layoff in 48 -years!
- Safe Work Environment
- Family Owned & Local
- We manufacture our OWN products
- Brand New Manufacturing Facility (2018)
- Competitive Wages
- Fitness Center open 24/7
- Work/Life Balance
- Achievable Goals
- Annual Raises, Holiday Bonuses and Cash Profit Sharing!
- Exceptional Benefits, Rich health insurance & 401k matchLet
this video featuring real-life testimonials from our own employees
encourage you to join a winning team today! - -(if unable to click
- copy & paste).*This is position works a Monday - Friday schedule;
flexible hours between 6:30 AM - 5:00 PM*TITLE: - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - Chemical OperatorDEPARTMENT: - - - - - -
- - Technical ManufacturingSTATUS: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - HourlyREPORTS TO: - - - - - - - - - Chemistry ManagerJOB
FUNCTION: - - - - - - Perform chemical syntheses of active
pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) in strict accordance with written
procedures and standard chemical safety practices.
-RESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Show demonstrated success working on multikilogram scale
organic chemical syntheses; reactors larger than 100 gallon
- Perform steps in chemical reactions in strict conformance with
established manufacturing procedures.
- Record accurate reaction notes, making observations throughout
- Maintain a meticulous work environment, returning all equipment
to the appropriate storage location, cleaning all tools, equipment
and surroundings after use. Knowledge of 5S practice is
- Maintain meticulous inventory logs of raw materials and
finished product. -
- Conform to applicable safety regulations including the proper
handling of chemicals and use of all designated safety equipment
- Collect and discard chemical waste in accordance with
applicable internal, safety and regulatory requirements.
- Accurately maintain waste and disposal logs.
- Have ability to stand on feet greater than 50% of the day.Must
complete forklift operator certification training. Must be able to
operate a forklift safely. Have working knowledge of computers,
internet, Adobe PDF, Microsoft Office.
- Obtain, if not already trained, United States EPA RCRA Hazwoper
Training -JOB SPECIFICATIONSEDUCATIONHigh school diploma or
equivalent; Associates Degree preferred. -EXPERIENCEAt least 2
years' work experience in a chemical manufacturing setting
required. -KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIESStrong attention to detail,
ability to follow detailed instructions and keep records of
reaction observations, ability to communicate orally and in written
form. - Self motivated with a strong work ethic. - Ability to work
both independently and in a team setting in a fast-paced setting.
-EQUIPMENT OPERATED100, 200 & 500 gallon glass-lined chemical
reactors, oil heaters, fitzmill grinder, electronic balance, vacuum
filters, drying ovens, forklift. -PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTSAbility to
lift up to 50 pounds. Must complete respirator evaluation and
comply with the Facial Hair policy.Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Bell Laboratories, Inc, Madison , Chemical Operator, Other , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...