Chief of Party
Company: World Council of Credit Unions, Inc
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Call for Chief of PartyPrimary Purpose:World Council of Credit
Unions (WOCCU) is looking for experienced Chief of Party candidates
to lead expected projects globally that promote financial
inclusion, agricultural value chain development and financing,
small and medium enterprise development, and affordable housing
Chief of Party Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership, technical direction, and management
oversight for all program activities to achieve program objectives,
while ensuring compliance with donor and WOCCU policies and
procedures, and applicable local laws.
- Serve as the program's primary liaison with the donor, local
partners and stakeholders.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of the M&E
system and provide oversight of activity monitoring and evaluation;
ensure timely, effective reporting of WOCCU and country program
progress and results.
- Supervise project staff, consultants, subcontractors, and
grantees, to ensure a common vision and timely and successful
implementation of program activities.
- Overall responsibility for the management and oversight of
sub-contractor, employee, and other administrative and financial
systems that support sound management of donor resources, and the
security of staff and consultants, as well as security of physical
and information items related to the program.
- Build team spirit, camaraderie, and a shared vision, and
demonstrate support for the wellbeing of both expatriate and
national staff who are oftentimes working in a high-threat and
- Ability to make timely and strategic decisions, identify and
resolve problems, in close collaboration with the donor.
- Strong management and leadership skills, including the ability
to mentor staff.
- "Hands on" manager who is actively engaged in all aspects of
- Demonstrated past representational experience with host
governments, other donors, and civil society and demonstrated
success with inter-agency coordination and joint programming
- Ability to adapt to potential changes in program objectives,
and shifting political contingencies.Qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree in business/finance, political science,
international relations, or related field is required; MA
- Relevant work experience with a donor (preferably USAID),
contractor or international NGO managing an office or program with
demonstrated supervisory experience; experience managing multiple
field offices highly desirable.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of experience with complex,
high-speed and challenging field operations in developing
- Demonstrated experience with activity design, development, and
implementation in a post-conflict and/or transition setting.
- Demonstrated experience with grant management, preferably
in-kind and small grants, that require various and simultaneous
procurements of goods and services.
- Experience working in developing countries is required,
preferably in a fragile or transitional state environment or
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in establishing
administrative and financial systems and overseeing program
start-up under limited time constraints, preferably also with
experience managing activities remotely.
- Financial management experience, including budgeting; financial
management (tracking, reporting and accounting); and
- Experience overseeing the physical and information security of
programs operating in transition in insecure environments
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.Interested
applicants should complete the online application by clicking
"Apply Now."World Council of Credit Unions is an equal opportunity
and affirmative action employer.
Keywords: World Council of Credit Unions, Inc, Madison , Chief of Party, Other , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...