Company: The Scharine Group Inc.
Posted on: March 17, 2023
The Scharine Group Inc is a leading manufacturer of custom
material handling equipment located in Whitewater, Wisconsin. We
are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Mechanical Engineer or
CAD Designer to join our team. This is a salaried position that
pays $50,000-$80,000/year depending on education and
- Lead project management activities as directed; communicate
with customers concerning project details.
- Maintain standards by insuring timely and accurate processing
of engineering documentation that is compliant with appropriate
practices; maintain system of engineering records retention.
- Utilize SolidWorks as the primary design software to perform
applicable drafting work in the department; improve skills through
- Prepare 3D concept drawings, prototype drawings, and production
drawings for projects.
- Provide bills of materials, routed process information, and
other related manufacturing requirements to effectively communicate
expectations to shop personnel and purchasing.
- Utilize Metalix laser nesting and/or bend software to
facilitate shop floor manufacturing processes.
- Lead and reinforce quality expectations within documented
procedures; establish and convey inspection criteria for projects
to shop personnel per prescribed methods.
- Review designs and make recommendations to best satisfy the
customer's function and company's manufacturability, while
maximizing the company's competitive position.
- Assist others in determining disposition for non-confirming
- Authorize release of project documentation (shop packet) to
- Approve design change requests and update engineering
documentation as needed; solicit customer input appropriately.
- Provide engineering counsel to others as necessary to evaluate
processes, interpret drawings and build requirements, support
quality standards, direct tool/jig requirements, maintain safety,
- Assist in the creation of cost estimates to prescribed methods
and procedure for Division products and services when
- Participate in project cost reviews.
- Participate in new product development.
- Research equipment, methods, systems etc. and make
recommendations to improve productivity, engineering, quality, and
- Maintain a clean, orderly, and safe work area.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- Associates degree or equivalent from two-year college or
technical school; or minimum 5 years mechanical design or related
experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
as determined by the Division Manager.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, manuals, drawings,
procedures, or other instruction furnished in written, oral,
diagram or schedule form
- Can calculate figures and amounts with ease; able to apply
concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete
variables in situations where limited standardization exists;
presents written and oral communication skills; ability to operate
a computer, calculator, and a variety of other general office
- Proficient in SolidWorks and Microsoft Word, Excel, and
Outlook.The Scharine Group Inc is an equal-opportunity employer
committed to diversity and inclusion. We offer a competitive
salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and opportunities for
professional growth and development. If you are a highly motivated
individual with a passion for construction and estimating, we
encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.You should be
- Blueprint Reading
- CAD Software
- Product Design Experience
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Shop Math Skills
- Experience in a Manufacturing Environment
- Analysis Programs
- Process Development
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft ExcelMachines & technologies you'll use:
- CAD Software (Solidworks)Salary info:$25 - $38 / hr
Keywords: The Scharine Group Inc., Madison , Mechanical Designer, Other , Whitewater, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...