Senior Civil Engineer
Company: Middough Inc.
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Middough Inc. - 'TOP WORKPLACES' Award Winner!Senior Civil
Engineer - Position and ResponsibilitiesAs a Senior Civil Engineer
with Middough, you will perform work on various projects from small
scale support roles (utility extensions, minor roadways, etc.) to
complex infrastructure and site improvement projects. Most projects
are with industrial clients or linear projects (power) in easements
or rights-of-way. Work scopes involve site planning, site grading
and underground utility design for storm water collection, sanitary
sewer collection and pumping, water distribution for both potable
and service water, and fire water systems. Responsibilities
include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collect and prepare data/information and performs detailed
engineering design and calculations.
- Develop technical specifications and work scopes.
- Assist in field work for design development and problem-solving
- Perform vendor and/or contractor submittal and RFI
- Interact with other departments and suppliers to obtain
- Serve as Discipline Lead on complex, multi-discipline projects
by estimating work hours, developing scope of work, making staffing
recommendations, and checking drawings.
- Prepare engineering deliverables in compliance with accepted
engineering principles, company standards and the customer contract
specifications while achieving value engineering design that meets
client requirements for operability, reliability, maintainability,
- Interact with other departments and suppliers to obtain
- Other project requirements may include:
- Design of industry rail access and yard track layout
- Preparation of permit applications and documents for review
- Coordination of work with project team
- coordinate and direct survey services to be performed by
- Prepare exhibits for client or public presentationsEducation,
Experience and SkillsThe successful candidate will possess the
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering.
- EIT certification required, PE license preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in site development engineering.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and organize for project efficiency.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.Physical
RequirementsThe characteristics described below are representative
of those encountered while performing the essential functions of
this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this position, the successful candidate
- Remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for
- Frequently walk, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs,
balance, stoop or kneel, use repeating motions that may include the
wrists/hands/fingers and talk and hear.
- Frequently use up-close vision, distance vision, depth
perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Should not expect adverse environmental conditions within
- May be exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as
climbing ladders and/or stairs, extreme heat and/or cold, and/or
poor air quality) if or when on-site at a client facility. - Safety
protections to be provided by the client and/or company and are
required to be used and followed.
- May require occasional car or air travel to other company
locations or client sites.
- This position requires the candidate/employee to possess and
maintain a valid driver's license in their state of residence.About
MiddoughMiddough Inc. (Middough), founded in 1950, is a leading
professional engineering, architecture and project solutions
company providing services to a broad spectrum of Fortune 500
clients in nine core industries with offices across the Central,
Midwest and Southeast regions. - Our diversified team is our
greatest asset, and they are challenged with a large variety of
interesting projects, management and technical development
opportunities and team building experiences. - Middough employs the
best and brightest individuals who share our passion for excellence
and who are dedicated to client satisfaction, quality service,
safety awareness and professional development.What Middough
OffersWe offer a growth and learning culture which encourages and
supports employee development through a wide variety of tools and
resources such as the company Learning Management System, Middough
Learning Center. Middough provides an opportunity to bring your
talents and expertise to a successful and growing organization for
your career advancement goals. Additionally, we offer a highly
competitive compensation and the following comprehensive benefits
package, based on eligibility and plan terms/changes:
- A hybrid work model for work-life flexibility (based on
business and client needs)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Company paid Short/Long Term Disability, Life, AD&D, and
- Health Saving and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays
- Flexible Start Times
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Certifications and Registrations (as applicable)
- Employee Assistance ProgramMiddough participates in the
Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security
Administration (SSA) E-Verify program to confirm work
authorization.Equal Opportunity EmploymentWe are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We provide
equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin,
age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or
genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or
other non-merit based factors or any other protected characteristic
under protected by federal, state, or local laws. Middough does not
support sponsorship for any applicant that requires an employment
visa (i.e., H-1B) to work lawfully in the US.
Keywords: Middough Inc., Madison , Senior Civil Engineer, Other , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...