Resident Care Assistant, Long Term Care (Open)
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: January 27, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a calling.WI-SSM Health St. Clare
Meadows Care CenterWorker Type:PRN Job Summary: Completes tasks on
the nursing units that maintain the resident's environment and
contribute to efficiency in caring for residents. Works to provide
a safe, home-like environment for residents that helps maximize
independent functioning of the residents. Provides supporting care
and services to residents such as linen and laundry activities,
housekeeping duties, and meal support including reminders to
residents to attend. Provides set up and transport assistance to
and from meals; helps with recreational and social activities;
provides assistance to residents who have limited mobility by
walking with them or transporting them in wheelchairs; and performs
administrative tasks such as answering phones and greeting
visitors. Job Responsibilities and Requirements: PRIMARY
- Prepares and serves meals to residents. Cleans up dining room
and kitchen following meals. Completes water pass to residents.
Distributes linens and sets table prior to meals. Feeds residents
- Performs basic housekeeping duties (mopping, sweeping, dusting,
and vacuuming) in public areas on a daily basis and in resident
rooms (including bed making) as needed.
- Serves as a resource for residents regarding their questions
and concerns. Resolves issues as able. Refers unresolved concerns
to appropriate staff.
- Cleans all resident utensils such as bedpans, urinals, basins,
etc. following good antiseptic practices as scheduled. Cleans lifts
and other unit equipment as needed.
- Assists in taking care of residents rooms. Cleans resident
closets and drawers as scheduled making sure food is stored in
proper containers and valuables are handled carefully. Cleans
resident wheelchairs and walkers as assigned and notifies
maintenance department when repairs are needed.
- May wash and dry clothing and linens for residents. Returns
finished laundry to resident rooms. Stocks resident bathrooms with
linens as scheduled.
- May assist residents with weekly shower and bathing activities,
including hair shampoo and nail care as needed.
- Transports residents to and from meal periods via wheelchair
and to appointments as assigned.
- Understands and follows facility policies regarding skin care,
bowel and bladder, behaviors, fall prevention, nutrition, restraint
free environment, pain control, prevention of ADL decline and
conducts resident activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Must be at least eighteen years of age
- Certifications required, or required to obtain within first 90
days of employment: Medication AdministrationStandard
PrecautionsFirst Aide & ChokingFire SafetyEXPERIENCE
- No experience required Licenses / Certifications: FUTURE - Fire
Safety within 90 days - Wisconsin Community-Based Care and
Treatment Training Registry, FUTURE - First Aid and Choking within
90 days - Wisconsin Community-Based Care and Treatment Training
Registry, FUTURE - Medication Administration within 90 days -
Wisconsin Community-Based Care and Treatment Training Registry,
FUTURE - Standard Precautions within 90 days - Wisconsin
Community-Based Care and Treatment Training RegistryWork Shift:PRN
/ Per Diem Shift (United States of America) Job Type:
EmployeeDepartment: CBRF - CNA'sScheduled Weekly Hours:0 SSM Health
complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age,
disability or sex. Learn more here
Keywords: SSM Health, Madison , Resident Care Assistant, Long Term Care (Open), Other , Baraboo, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!