Master Scheduler (Stoughton, WI)
Company: Stoughton Trailers, LLC
Posted on: January 28, 2023
Job Purpose Create and maintain an optimal Master Schedule to
drive all company priorities. The Master Scheduler must take into
account the sales forecast, the production plan and other important
considerations such as backlog, availability of capacity and
management policies and goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Alert Plant Managers of any capacity or material issues that
will impact the project schedule or the MPS. Identify, negotiate
and develop workaround plans with Plant Managers and Purchasing
Managers to ensure the least amount of impact occurs to existing
- Actively participate in monthly S&OP cycle for production
- Act as internal educator and consultant on master scheduling
issues providing education and training throughout the company to
improve any company - wide understanding of MPS functions.
- Create and update metrics as required.
- This person is responsible for production over seven
- Build a master production schedule based on firm customer
orders and forecast using planning BOM's and production
- Maintain the Master Production Schedule.
- Define and manage the manpower plan.
- Load and maintain (MRP) in keeping with Time Fence Policies and
- Manage and oversee the responsibilities of the work order
processor and the routing functions of the company.
- Release, maintain, and modify end item work orders,
after-market, engineering test and prototypes.
- Maintain and distribute final assembly schedules.
- Run production meetings.
- Support floor by directing their work efforts.
- Perform all assigned tasks in a safe, efficient, timely, and
accurate and highly productive manner according to company
- Contribute to the team effort to produce a quality
- Attend scheduled work hours on a regular and timely basis. Some
weekend work is required (home based) Maintain good
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Process sales orders.
- Review for material and labor content, and schedule.
- Process supplements.
- Maintain "TA" job files and serial masters.
- Maintain MRP calendar and forecasts.
- Generate and distribute available to promise and dealer
- Measure performance against final assembly schedule and prepare
data for reviews.
- Work and communicate in a team environment.
- Other duties may be assigned as required by the Company.
Above is a list of the most important responsibilities and
functions which are essential to the position. - Employees must be
able to perform these essential functions satisfactorily with or
without a reasonable accommodation. - Accommodation will be
evaluated and provided to eligible employees on a case-by-case
basis, depending on the employee's medical restrictions, work
availability, the nature of the position, the position's essential
functions and other relevant factors.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- 3 - 5 years' experience in a manufacturing
- Experience with purchasing, expediting, MRP/ERP systems,
quality/continuous improvement initiatives, manufacturing safety
practices and MS Office application
- Understanding of materials and lead times.
- Good communication skills.
- Understanding of MRP- what it does and how to use it.
- Understanding of company goals- both short-term and
- Understanding of capacity planning and resource
- Understanding of all facets of the company and the product it
- Core Competencies:
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
Please refer to the general office physical demands checklist for
more information regarding the working conditions and physical
requirements for this job.Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Stoughton Trailers, LLC, Madison , Master Scheduler (Stoughton, WI), Other , Stoughton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!