Claims Representative - Life & Annuities (Hybrid Schedule)
Company: Sentry Insurance
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Provides prompt claim investigation, evaluation and settlement
or denial of claims with moderate to highly complex exposures.
Authorizes payments in accordance with assigned authority limit.
Documents claim files with all pertinent information and
disposition.Are you looking for a rewarding and challenging
position that will allow your customer service side to shine? If
so, our Life & Annuities Claims Representative position could be
the place for you! Sentry's dedication to customers is embodied by
our best associates. At Sentry, our associates take care of our
customers with a passion for service and delivering business
results. As one of the largest mutual insurance companies in the
US, we're completely focused on offering exceptional claims service
to our policyholders.Sentry is happy to offer flexibility through a
scheduled Hybrid work model. Monday and Friday work from home if
you choose to, Tuesday through Thursday in office. What You'll DoIn
this role, you will deliver quality claims service to our customers
by promptly evaluating, investigating and settling life, annuity
and disability product claims. In addition, you'll:
- Evaluate and investigate claims submitted by insureds and
beneficiaries to determine eligibility for benefits.
- Investigate and gather critical information about claims (i.e.,
police reports, medical records, autopsy reports) and contact all
- Document all decisions, correspondence, reports, and
discussions that occur during the investigation.
- Detect potential problems or trends that require additional
review, investigation, or research to settle claim.
- Interpret and decipher trust documents, estate documents,
affidavits, and insurance policies. Evaluate files for tax
implications, consumer price index, and determine residual
benefits.What it Takes
- Bachelor's degree or related work experience.
- Previous annuity, disability, or life insurance experience
and/or coursework strongly preferred.
- Ability to analyze complex documents and make sound decisions
while using good judgment in evaluating life, individual annuity,
and disability claims.
- Effective oral and written communication skills and human
relations skills are required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is critical.
- Strong math skills and experience in working with Excel
spreadsheets, Word and Outlook are required.
- Team player who is positive, works independently, and relates
well to all kinds of people.
- Knowledge of insurance policies and claim payment procedures
beneficial but not required.
- Knowledge of ERISA and HIPAA.
- A passion for customer service and a desire for working in a
supportive, collaborative team environment.
What You'll Receive
At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation.
Below are some benefits and perks that you'll receive.
- Sentry is happy to offer flexibility through a scheduled Hybrid
work model. Monday and Friday work from home if you choose to,
Tuesday through Thursday in office.
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight
percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry
- (SentryU).About Sentry
We take great pride in making Forbes' list of America's Best
Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into
that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction.Our
bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got
our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and
protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in
us, we're one of the largest and financially strongest mutual
insurance companies in the United States. We're rated A+ by A.M.
Best, the industry's leading rating authority.Our headquarters is
in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with offices located throughout the
United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to
marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment
with opportunities for ongoing professional development and
growth.Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities
Kasha.Dombrowski@Sentry.comEqual Employment OpportunitySentry is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy that there be no
discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin,
religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual
Keywords: Sentry Insurance, Madison , Claims Representative - Life & Annuities (Hybrid Schedule), Other , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!