Posted on: January 26, 2023
Sheridan. Be part of something greater. Your career awaits---join
LOCATION: Madison, WI
As one of the leading print and publishing service providers in the
nation, Sheridan prints everything from best-selling books to
textbooks, prestigious medical and scientific journals to bibles,
popular magazines and catalogs, and so much more. We also create
digital content and offer an array of solutions that simplify
The Operator Trainee performs a variety of physical tasks, some
involving repetitive work and light machine operations. You will be
completing jobs like sorting, lifting, placing, gathering,
collating, inserting, stacking and packing printed materials which
when assembled will produce finished books, periodicals, etc. ready
- Be able to set up and run machines according to the job
specifications. While also being able to follow all safety,
quality, productivity, and other processes.
- Supervise crews for safety, quality control, productivity and
other production related activities as assigned by the shift
- Perform preventative maintenance measures as assigned.
- Perform General Worker duties when not assigned to set-up or
- Other duties as assigned.
- Safety - Complies with OSHA regulations and company safety
policies. Monitors for safety hazards and reports any
- Supervises productivity, safety, and quality of work of crew
while working on a piece of equipment.
- Must be able to understand and follow basic verbal and written
- Proven mechanical ability with ability to do basic
- Ability to troubleshoot when a piece of equipment is not
- Ability to lift 20-40 pounds and stand for 8+hour
- Ability to work weekends as required.
- Must work cooperatively with others and have solid
- -Some factory experience operating machines is
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent is required.
Why work for Sheridan?
- Job training
- Career advancement
- College tuition up to $5,250 per year
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Competitive compensation
- Medical (PPO and HSA Plans), Dental, Vision
- Teledoc - convenient and no cost
- Company paid basic life and AD&D insurance
- Voluntary life
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid short term disability
- FSA Health and Dependent Care savings accounts
- HSA Health saving account
- EAP program
CJK Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation to apply for
employment, please contact Kelly Miller at 608-716-8769 or .
Keywords: Sheridan, Madison , Operator Trainee, Other , Lodi, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!