Research Assistant- Animal Ops
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Explore research careers and be a part of something bigger!
Labcorp Drug Development helps to develop new drugs, medical
devices and diagnostics. Your role is vital to improving the health
of family, friends and animals. - -What you will be doing: As a
Research Assistant you'll collect, document, and manage pertinent
data including animal observations, test material administration,
and clinical sample collection involved in toxicology studies. -
- Responsible for independently carrying out technical phases of
complex toxicology studies, including - study management, data
organization, QA audit response, internal and external client
communication skills, and quality check procedures.
- Assess and document clinical observations, body weight data,
food consumption data, environmental data, and other data on the
appropriate data collection system (or by hand when
- Monitor animal health and welfare in compliance with the Animal
Welfare Act and help maintain facilities for AAALAC compliance.
-Reports all animal care concerns and becomes involved in the
resolution and appropriate corrective action, when necessary.
- Train new or less experienced staff.
- Assist in the development of new procedures and write
- Learn to prepare costings, staff plans, and scheduling
- Learn to assist in client visits, debriefings, and study
- Write, review and/or finalize report protocols, protocol
amendments, and reports.
- Identifies and take appropriate action with problems, potential
problems with protocols, SOPs , and schedules.
- Effectively schedules multiple assignments.
- Maintains well documented laboratory records according to
- May assume supervisory responsibility during the absence of the
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Overtime and weekend work as required.
- Requires ability to lift up to 50 pounds; frequent lifting
throughout the day; prolonged standing; extended hand manipulation,
including but not limited to, grasping and holding.
- May work with potentially hazardous substances not limited to
known/potential teratogens or carcinogens and/or radiolabeled test
materials.How you will be rewarded! Working in Madison, WI our
- Pay rate: up to $25 per hour based on experience
- Work rotating weekends, holidays and overtime with
- Enjoy 24 days of personal-time-off (PTO) (pro-rated depending
on start date)
- Have access to other great benefits including: tuition
reimbursement, paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with a generous company
match and of course medical and dental
- Bachelor degree in Life Sciences, Associate degree in
Laboratory Animal Technology, or Associate degree in Veterinary
- AALAS certification at Laboratory Animal Technologist level
- At least 3 years of animal laboratory related experience
- Experience may be substituted for education
requirements#studytechLabcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer:As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not
discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's
race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.For more
information about how we collect and store your personal data,
please see our -Privacy Statement. -
Keywords: Labcorp, Madison , Research Assistant- Animal Ops, Other , Evansville, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!